Super Contributor

Has anyone tried the apple cider 3 in 1? I just saw it on the philosophy website. Is it a warm spicy apple scent?  It sounds good but it's an odd time of year to come out with it. Hopefully it's a sign of more fun seasonal scents to come. I really miss all the fun fall scents philosophy used to come out with. 

Honored Contributor

I am not sure I would like to smell like an apple.  However, I do love the lemon custard at bedtime after my shower.  Yes, I also miss all the different scents.  There are always changes when another company takes over.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Ladybug837, I ordered, and received this 3 in 1 recently from Philosophy. It is a favorite, and yes, it is a spicy warm apple scent. I was surprised to see it this time of year. I miss the fun variety of the 3 in 1's too. I have always preferred the fall/winter scents. 

Super Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@Ladybug837, I ordered, and received this 3 in 1 recently from Philosophy. It is a favorite, and yes, it is a spicy warm apple scent. I was surprised to see it this time of year. I miss the fun variety of the 3 in 1's too. I have always preferred the fall/winter scents. 

I'll keep this 3 in 1 in mind for the fall then. Thanks for your reply. 

Super Contributor

I don't think I've ever tried this one.  However, I ordered the 6piece shower gel set A296654 and on AD and it is one of the shower gels that will be shipped in Sept.  I'm looking forward to trying it.  I might even order one from the philosophy website.

Trusted Contributor

I also hope that Philosophy returns to the fun seasonal scents and also the unique fun scents. That's what drew me to Philosophy in the first place. My first was a set with waffle cone, fresh cream and a blackberry scent, who name escapes me. I loved that the scents were spot on to their name and were clean scented and not perfumey.

Lately, it seems a lot of their scents have taken on a perfumey chemical note and don't really smell like their name. I have asthma and chose Philosophy because their shower gels weren't perfumey and chemical scented like the cheaper drug store products. I'm willing to pay more for that.

Here's hoping that Philosophy returns to their roots and brings back those unique,fun scents. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Apple cider 3 in 1

[ Edited ]

@Maltichonmom17

It was Blackberry Sauce and it was my favorite Blackberry scent. And it did smell just like blackberry FRUIT, not flowery (Like blackberry blossom shower gel smells).

Agree with you about the fun seasonal scents....I am so tired of being disappointed by the recent (but few)  "new" scents that have too much floral. I guess it is the "foodie" in me. Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@Maltichonmom17

It was Blackberry Sauce and it was my favorite Blackberry scent. And it did smell just like blackberry FRUIT, not flowery (Like blackberry blossom shower gel smells).

Agree with you about the fun seasonal scents....I am so tired of being disappointed by the recent (but few)  "new" scents that have too much floral. I guess it is the "foodie" in me. Smiley Wink

@FlyersGirl

I also agree, miss the seasonal scents and dislike the florals. Another thing that disappoints me is QVC's trend towards the huge, mega size. I like variety and with just me using them it's way too much product. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Apple cider 3 in 1

[ Edited ]

@FlyersGirl, thanks for refreshing my memory. Blackberry Sauce is still my all time fave Philosophy shower gel scent. 

I am also turned off by the floral notes added to many the shower gels. I have nothing against florals, I do love the floral core fragrances, Amazing Grace and Summer Grace are my signature scents.  However, if I want floral, I will use those shower gels, I don't want floral scents randomly mixed into everything.

While I'm on a roll, I will also say that I'm not a fan of the sparkle and shimmer in some the shower gels. Those particular scents seem to have a perfumy, chemical note to them that aggravates my asthma. They also seem more drying to my skin. 

@itsmetoo, I agree about the mega sizes. I find the 16 oz. to be the perfect size. I would love it if they came with a pump, though. I like to switch it up, and the huge bottles are just too much. They also take up a lot of valuable real estate in the shower area.