Trusted Contributor

Does anyone have or remember the solid perfume that was in a small silver tube? If so was it the original AG which I've never smelled or the newer one? I purchased this from the philosophy website and it doesn't smell like my other AG items. Thanks! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazing grace solid perfume

@nrm wrote:

Does anyone have or remember the solid perfume that was in a small silver tube? If so was it the original AG which I've never smelled or the newer one? I purchased this from the philosophy website and it doesn't smell like my other AG items. Thanks!

Hello nrm, 

Yes I do !  It's has been over 7+ years, maybe 8 when I bought the entire collection of (almost) every product in the bath and fragrance kits. The small tins were the same as my original AG. There were two other scents in the collection -then, but have no idea what is offered now. I cannot comment on the other two in the trio, though.

I buy no Philosophy products, so have no idea what is the same, or (any) difference........ ma be there is someone who had the original and did compare but i know from my orignials!

Never had I had ordered anything, especially fragrance, from any on line shop channel...so it was unfortunate I did not use. My husband absolutely did not like anything from AG, on me.  I still have the trio of solid perfume- each a different scent. I have all of the kits in my locked away box to give to any friend who has ever mentioned them. Some I did give away. 

By coincidence, yesterday,  I sprayed a hint of misting on my arm lightly. I did not like it any less than 7 years ago. The bath products were fine and I have (possibly) 3 of the originals. The were fine for the creme contents but did not linger very long and that was fine with me. 

The scent, now, with the same name, has been mentioned before but not from me; may be exactly what you are hoping for. 'MY' purchase, that I have is/ was heavy  

I have heard this (your) - same comment over the past 3 years but have not bought anything from this line since. Comment were from posts not on any tv show for PHIL. I do not watch this product when featured.

Good luck with your purchase. 

Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much NAES, I bought this a few weeks ago from the philosophy website outlet so I was wondering if it was the original. There are no new solid perfumes in AG on QVC or philosophy. Also there was a pink flat compact type in the outlet but it's sold out. I much prefer the new AG to the old even though I may be in the minoriy. It's much softer and the body spritz is wonderful. Thanks so much!

Esteemed Contributor

@nrm wrote:

Thanks so much NAES, I bought this a few weeks ago from the philosophy website outlet so I was wondering if it was the original. There are no new solid perfumes in AG on QVC or philosophy. Also there was a pink flat compact type in the outlet but it's sold out. I much prefer the new AG to the old even though I may be in the minoriy. It's much softer and the body spritz is wonderful. Thanks so much!

HI -nrm, 

You are so welcome~! 

I believe you will be so happy with your selection buying the 'new'.  Softer.

It's always about one's body chemistry with any fragrance or perfume. My husband does not like flowery scents on me.... and I prefer the 3rd notes to be flowery with sandwood and vanilla.  `But, for me`, personally, I have to try out in the store ...-WAIT at home-... for at least 3 hours for the dry down time, "THEN" ask ~husband~ ...what do you think? Some become stale and uninviting. My husband is excellent to what I would like.

To be up front (about fragrances) selecting what I have, all or 95% are/ were bought in boutiques over the pond. It is always an experience. My passion has always perfumes, great hair and SKIN products, along with fine lip colour.  Always in the (lip) red family. Used to be handbags 10 years ago, but have enough so that's a good bye yummy. 

Enjoy your new perfume because I know how much I love wearing fragrance.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

NAES....tues/ 28th.