Esteemed Contributor

A341968 Holiday Edition 6-piece shower gel collection

I ordered this for a gift on 12/14 so I would receive it in enough time however it didn't arrive until yesterday and I was expecting it to be in a Philosophy box but the gels were in a regular brown beat up box?

Did any of you ladies order this?  During the presentation the gels were sitting on a Philosphy box that had a bow?

Respected Contributor

Re: A341968 Holiday Edition 6-piece shower gel collection

@Luvitorleaveit1  Unfortunately, that sounds like a returned item to me.  Cat Sad

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde-Ummm I didn't think about it being a return.  I just did the chat with cs and was told they can't guarantee how or when a package is delivered...contact Philosophy.   Really?

First she told me to return it for a replacement or refund......isn't Christmas next Tuesday?  Is QVC still on earth or what?

Bad business.

Honored Contributor

Just offhand, I would say that there was no box included.

I didn’t watch the entire video to see if it was mentioned, but none of the still photos shows a box, which they will do if one is included in the set.  Also, there is no mention of a box included in the item description.  So, based on that, I would say the box you saw in the presentation was for demonstration purposes only.

Occasional Contributor

I ordered these last year for my daughter-in-law and they just came in a crappy brown box.   Was pretty disappointed considering how nicely everything else is packaged.  I think I ended up buying a decorative box at the card store to make it somewhat presentable.   I wish they would include this info in the presentation but I guess if we knew that then, we'd pass.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered a Philosophy three piece holiday shower gel set that also came in a plain brown cardboard packing box. No mention was made of it coming in a gift box, which they usually make mention of and show the gift box if it is. I think that is just how they bundle and package most of their sets. In my case, I was splitting them up so it wasn’t an issue for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks ladies for the feedback.  I stopped buying Philosophy a while ago and just happen to see the presentation of the six shower gels as a last minute gift and ordered it I didn't really watch the full presentation but saw the box and thought it came with the shower gels.  I am on auto-delivery for the gingerbread man shower gel and that comes in a nice box every year.  I still feel for $82+ they should come in a gift box whether you split them up or not.

I've learned my lesson next time.

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1  I don't know if you live near a Nordstrom Rack, but if you do they have nicely boxed Philosophy gift sets at 1/2 retail price.  If you do live near one, go buy one of those and return the QVC ones! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee- thanks it arrived so late even though I ordered it early I had no choice but to gift it.  I love Nordstroms never been to Nordstroms Rack but I know there is one near me that I will check out.  Thanks. 

Next year I will go back to the stores like my girlfriends do every year.  One drives we go shopping then have lunch or dinner afterwards.

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

@Pearlee- thanks it arrived so late even though I ordered it early I had no choice but to gift it.  I love Nordstroms never been to Nordstroms Rack but I know there is one near me that I will check out.  Thanks. 

Next year I will go back to the stores like my girlfriends do every year.  One drives we go shopping then have lunch or dinner afterwards.

@Luvitorleaveit1  You are going to love Nordstrom Rack!   Nordstrom quality merchandise and the deals are really great.  And every so often there is a "Cear the Rack" sale with an additional percentage off the clearance items.