Trusted Contributor

Re: 4/21 TSV Presale Email Out!

[ Edited ]

I received Hula Girl this afternoon and took the spritz out first.

I love the Philosophy spritzes but the jury is out on this one.

It does not smell tropical but has some odd perfume smell.

I sprayed some on my arm and am inclined to go wash it off. Not a good frst impression.

The shower gel wlll get used in the morning. If it smells like the spritz it will be going back.

I just reread the scents and it contains sandalwood.It is heavy in the sandalwood. I cannot smell the orange at all!

Trusted Contributor

@flickerbulb  I agree not being able to smell the orange, or the pineapple for that matter.

It's kind of a funky smell, not tropical at all.  Wish I had ordered the fresh cream.

I might even return it for a fresh cream exchange.

Respected Contributor

I just received both Hula Girl and Coconut Splash today even thought Hula Girl was ordered three days before Coconut Splash.  To me, neither one smells like they were described to smell.  I have no idea where the pineapple, orange or even the vanilla are in Hula Girl.  The Coconut Splash totally lacks coconut.

I will give the body washes a test tomorrow.  The Hula Girl cream is just okay, as is the Coconut Splash cream.  I now have tons of this stuff.  I may start to use the body wash as hand wash at my sinks.   I  think someone mentioned they already do that. 

I guess the wash wouldn't rinse out too well if I used it in my laundry.  Has anyone ever tried that?

Trusted Contributor

I received Hula Girl yesterday. I am keeping it but am disappointed again by a new philosophy scent.

I also opened the spritz first. First, let me state that philosophy fragrances DO LAST on me. I typically wear Pure Grace daily and AG, FIL,UL or Sunshine Grace on the weekend. I also use spritzes of Lemon Custard, Honey and Cream, Snow Angel and PG, AG, BG, FIL and UL and they last too, although not quite as long as the Spray fragrances and EDP's. OK that said, I sprayed the Spritz at around 6pm and could still smell it on me when I went to bed around midnight.

Now for the scent. When I first sprayed it I could detect a little orange peel but that quickly dissipated. I get no orange, no pineapple. The scent (seriously, don't laugh) reminds me of my old favorite Hallmark Store (you know how some of them smell good when you walk in and you get to the aisle with the selection of Yankee Candles and realize that is what you were smelling). So I am guessing that the sandalwood is the strongest in the mix. It is not an offensive smell to me, but I don't want to smell like a Hallmark store. I will use this to spray in my house as it is "pleasant" to me.

This morning I showered with the 3n1. Now I can smell some pineapple. Just not enought to make me think of the beach. (like Beach Party does). it is definitely a summery scent, and I "like" it, but will probably not reorder.

I haven't tried the cream yet.

Cindy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I chickened out and ordered my old reliable Fresh Cream, which should come later this week. I was concerned about the sandalwood and florals in the new scents and I'm glad I followed my instincts. Reviews are pretty bad for both new tropical scents. Wish they had also offered Lemon Custard, I would have ordered that too. It is my go to scent for summer. Oh well. 

It it seems like Philosophy is moving toward more perfumey, synthetic scents and that's not what attracted to me to the brand. I was impressed with their scents that were spot on to their name and were fresh and clean scented, and fun to use. When Bath and Body Works first opened, their scents were fresh and clean but now seem to be very synthetic and perfumey. I can't even walk past their store anymore without wheezing. I fear that Philosophy is moving in that direction with their new scents. 

To their credit, I just received a 32 oz. Beach Party shower gel from last summer's auto delivery of summer scents that was on back order for two months. It's a true pineapple coconut and smells just like a pina colada. That's the Philosophy that I know and love. Next up in May is Orange Pineapple Smoothie, so those two will get me through the summer. 

Interesting side note, I looked at my auto delivery plan and noticed that the two new scents are not available for those wanting to switch scents. I remember after the two new scents sold out, they said order a different scent and then switch to HG or CS next shipment. Looks like that option is not available. Just FC, H&C and VF. 

Update: Received my Fresh Cream TSV and I'm really disappointed. The spritz is pure alcohol, the body soufflé virtually has no scent, and the shower gel is a generic vanilla scent. This is definitely not Fresh Cream as I remember it. Another great scent down the drain. It's going back. 😞

Honored Contributor

I received my coconut splash today and it's already packaged up to go back.  I smell no coconut what so ever it smells like pure vanilla to me.  I really don't care for anything vanilla.  I'm not happy that I have to pay shipping to send this back because it was not accurate with the scent.  

Honored Contributor

@Pecky, then you have a nose like mine. The Coconut Splash has NO Coconut scent at all.  No orange, no pineapple.  Just plain vanilla.  Very disappointed.

Hula Girl smells like vanilla as well.  I'm done buying anything with a scent on tv.

I showered with the Coconut Splash twice already today...before my workout this morning and again this afternoon.  It's not too bad.  It's that body cream that's way too strong.  I'm gonna have to be creative and mix it with some other lotion to weaken the scent.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)