Honored Contributor

Re: bareMinerals Chandelight Glow Holiday A-D

I almost canceled this last shipment but decided to set it out a few weeks instead. I'm not sure about the colors. It would be helpful if they would offer a video presentation on the A/Ds.

Trusted Contributor

@willdob3 I received mine and have had a chance to play with it and I'm a little undecided. I'm usually most excited about the eyeshadows. The lighter color is a pretty lavender. The darker color to me looks brown, but is described as plum grey. Both have A LOT of shimmer. So much so, that part way through the day I found I had sparkles under my eyes and on my forehead  (don't know how it got up there!).  Lipstick also has shimmer. I have fine lines on my upper lip and the sparkles traveled up my wrinkles. I like shimmer, but want it to stay where I put it!  I really like the highlighter though. It's kind of a pinky bronze. I haven't tried the brushes (have a ton) or liner (don't wear very often). The make up case is huge!  More for travel, really.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the early review! Have you had more time to decide if you will keep it?

The colors sound interesting. Gray & Gray Plum sound good but only if that is what they look like! I have a few colors that are so dark you can't tell the color. 

I have found that applying shimmery shadows very lightly helps to keep the shimmer to a minimum. I am also thinking about trying Laura Geller's mattifying product to see if that helps tone down the shimmer.

The highlighter sounds nice. 

The bag does look big. I usually don't use bags much. I did recently find a use for the bag in the second kit. It is just the right size to hold my portable charger & my wireless headphones. I keep the bag in my work tote. 

Honored Contributor

I wonder if anyone will do a YouTube review/demo on this... Probably not since it is an AD. I'd love to have a better look at the colors to help me decide if I should get it or cancel. 

Trusted Contributor

@willdob3 I'm really not sure if I will keep. Love the size of the bag (although I do not need another bag) and I like one eyeshadow and the lipstick. Is that worth keeping the entire kit?  I'm not sure. Good thing I have 30 days!

Trusted Contributor

I am excited for the TSV, although I will not purchase since I cannot find out if carmine is in the ingredients. I'm hoping for a cool OTO!

Honored Contributor

@Jeannie29 wrote:

@willdob3 I'm really not sure if I will keep. Love the size of the bag (although I do not need another bag) and I like one eyeshadow and the lipstick. Is that worth keeping the entire kit?  I'm not sure. Good thing I have 30 days!

I know what you mean. I'm not sure I will like any of it. I know there are things I won't like. I won't use the lipstick because I want it on my lips, not my coffee cup. The liner is boring. I do not need another blush. I've got several and will never use them all in this lifetime.

The only reason I might get is to see the shadows & the illuminator.No clue if I will like them or not. I am tired of shimmery shadows. And to get the shadow brush. I have one like it & love it.

Honored Contributor

I canceled. Sadly, but I think it was the right decision. I am going to miss not having a holiday kit this year, too. 

Trusted Contributor

I was saddened not buying this year, too. I definitely do not need any more make up, but having a fun surprise in the mail every few months made me happy. Too bad bare minerals is moving away from their roots and is trying to be like every other make up company out there with their "new" offerings.   Remember when there would be 12-15 new eyeshadow loose colors each year?  I would buy most of them. Now I just look forward to the holiday collection. This year, nothing.