Occasional Contributor

What color on Bareskin foundation

I wear light in be original foundation. What color would I be in Bareskin. There's a kit I want to get on here they have on 5 easy pays. Thanks
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What color on Bareskin foundation

I have no idea--but if you have an Ulta or Sephora store in your city, I'd suggest going there and trying colors from their testers. Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

Light in the original foundation is definitely a yellow undertone so in bareskin your shade would be Bare Linen.

Contributor

I wear fairly light in orginal loose foundation and Bare Linen in new Bareskin.

Trusted Contributor

@Cryslee wrote:
I wear light in be original foundation. What color would I be in Bareskin. There's a kit I want to get on here they have on 5 easy pays. Thanks

Believe it or not, I wear Light in the original, and Bare Natural or Bare Beige in the serum.  Are you on the lighter shade of the light, or deeper.  When I wear the light foundation, it is perfect in the winter, but too light in the summer when I self tan.  The Bare Natural is a teeny bit lighter than Bare Beige, and Beige is slightly more yellow/warm.  I wear the Natural in the winter, and Beige when slightly tanner.

Super Contributor

Bare Linen 

Regular Contributor

I just got this kit (which is now sold out) last night.  I just finished applying it right now.  The color I bought is Bare Beige.

First thoughts on this kit after applying it...

I really like the eyeshadow, very pretty and builds up easy.  Color is Grey Brown

I really like the blush Raspberry Sorbet.  Pretty but heavy on the sheen.

Lipgloss in Heartbreaker.  A bubble gum pink, nice over another color, not my favoirite.

bareSkin Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20.  Well I do like that it has SPF in it.  However I find it to sit on top of the skin, and doesn't buff in very well.  This is clinging to dry patches I didn't even know I had.  And the color is workable, but.. I wonder if the #9 (bare nude I think) might have been better. 

I did order the Smashbox BB water and used it yesterday.  I think if you are going for a Bare Skin type of serum foundation, you might want to check out the Smashbox.  Builds easily, great coverage and staying power is fantastic.   Overall, I prefer the Smashbox.

bareSkin Perfecting Veil.. IMO left me a bit powdery.  I used a very fluffy brush and tapped off exess powder.  

Overall my first impression is, I am not too thrilled with it.  And going to send it back.  Compared to the Smashbox BB water foundation, I find this one lacking. 

I also ordered the Bare Skin concealor in medium.  To be honest, I prefer my Revlon Colorstay.  I find that it blends out nicely and covers better.  I have also been colormatched with the Urban Decay Naked Skin consealor/foundation, and feel these would be better.

I may give this another whirll with a beauty blender spounge, but I am pretty sure this kit will be sent back.  Hate to be a debbie downer, but this is my honest review.