Trusted Contributor

Was Rare Minerals discontinued?

Bare Minerals came out with a product several years back called Rare Minerals, it was in a weird little jar with the applicator on top.  I used to use this at night after cleansing and moisturizing to calm my rosacea, and it worked.

I was cleaning out my product stash and came upon a half used Rare Minerals and have been using it as a foundation.  Forgot how much I'd loved it!  I cannot seem to find it here at QVC, though.  Woman Frustrated  Thoughts, anyone?

Regular Contributor

Re: Was Rare Minerals discontinued?

They changed it to :

A211839 bareMinerals Skincare Pure Transformation Night Treatment

It's the same product, but different packaging and applicator. They changed the Rare Minerals line over to Bare Minerals. Now they revamped their skincare line again, so I don't know exactly which ones are staying and which ones are being discontinued.

By the way, since you use this as foundation, they also came out with this for daytime, if you want to check into that. (I have not tried the daytime one, so I can't tell you if it is similar to the nighttime one or not.)
Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Esteemed Contributor

Kinda disgusting - the stuff that we like eventually gets discontinued.  FYI, I just got one from Amazon - very small size, but was 9.99, neutral.  If you search for it, they have quite a few - largers sizes and different colors.  I figure it lasts so long (probably why no longer offered here) that I just needed the small size.  My other one has lasted so long the foam disintergrated - can't figure how to get the powder out! 

Trusted Contributor

@eddyandme  The jar unscrews in the middle. You can kind of see the line where the two halves screw together. I stopped using the sponge when I found it opened and instead dip a brush into it. 

Trusted Contributor

@PilatesLover If you have a Bare Minerals outlet store near you, they carry the discontinued items. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jeannie29 wrote:

@eddyandme  The jar unscrews in the middle. You can kind of see the line where the two halves screw together. I stopped using the sponge when I found it opened and instead dip a brush into it. 

@Jeannie29

Thanx!  now I don't have to toss that out - I'd prefer a brush also.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much everyone!  I knew I'd get great answers here. Woman Wink