Frequent Contributor

I've tried lots of eyeliners (creams, pencils, etc.), but I always come back to my bareMinerals Shadow/Liners. I love them! I have two brushes I use. One is a narrow angle brush and the other is a narrow straight brush. The angled brush came in a setwith a liner called Retro I ordered way back in the day with Lisa Robertson. She always said it was her favorite too. Anyone else love them over the other types of liners like I do?

Contributor

Re: Shadow Liners - Do you use?

[ Edited ]

I have tried others too like Bobbi Brown gel liners but prefer and continue to use my Bare Minerals Shadow Liner.  They are the best!

Respected Contributor

Do you use them wet or dry? What colors do you use?

Frequent Contributor

Most of the time dry, but sometimes going out at night I'll wet them. I don't like putting water in the cap so I keep a few caps to bottles of water at my makeup table. Sprinkle a little powder along with a few drops of water and then I just toss it after I've applied it. I love Retro, black, sailor, sugar plum. Ive had mine forever. They may not even make those colors anymore.

Honored Contributor

I like the shadow liners and I also like the Ready liners.

I never add water because I like a softer line, not a pure, straight line.

Sailor is one of my all-time favorite colors.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Contributor

Yes I love the shadow liner!   I like to apply with the flat brush and press in the lash line- no tugging.  I used to use the waterproof liquid to make it last.  Haven't seen that for a long time to buy at stores anymore.  I also use the BE lasting line eye liner.

Super Contributor

I use the shadow/liners all the time and will often wet them.  Makes a perfect line and I love that you can use so many different colors as liner.  Plum, emerald, deep blue and grey are my favorites.  I use a neutral eye shadow with them and love the look of subtle color at the lash line.  Have done this for years and have had people compliment me on my eye makeup.

Contributor

I know this is an old post but want to mention that ELF makes a product that works well with my BE liner shadows.  It is called Makeup Lock and Seal.  It seems the liner shadows are becoming hard to find in anything but basic colors.  I have and love Black Ruby, Tortoise, Sugar Plum, and Graphite.  Need to find Tortoise as mine has run out.