Valued Contributor

Received mine today and really liked everything in the. The concealer is my favorite, also LOVE the lipstick. Its a good peachy nude. I ordered Bare Natural and the color works but washed me out a bit, I should have went with the Bare Beige. Does anyone know if you can change colors on this TSV? Know you can't change it online but do they usually let you call in to change the color?

Trusted Contributor

@segrl21 wrote:

Received mine today and really liked everything in the. The concealer is my favorite, also LOVE the lipstick. Its a good peachy nude. I ordered Bare Natural and the color works but washed me out a bit, I should have went with the Bare Beige. Does anyone know if you can change colors on this TSV? Know you can't change it online but do they usually let you call in to change the color?

I've been able to call in and change other AD shades, and I bet that you can for this one too.  I too thought that Natural washed me out, and the Beige is perfect.  Warmer, a teeny bit deeper, and just a better shade for me personally.  I didn't end up getting this kit as I simply need to use up the makesup that I already have, but I know that I would have loved it.

Occasional Contributor

I really wanted to love the serum foundation but it settled in the pores on my cheeks and chin something aweful! I normally use the loose foundation and haven't had this happen with that. I love everything else though.

Frequent Contributor

I have found the Boost Veil product to be really great.  It's lighter than Warmth and more sheer than the Ready bronzers (although I do really like the Ready formulation of Warmth that came in The Select Reserve compact. I notice it's also in one of the Bare Minerals holiday sets that are starting to show up in Ulta.)

I'm not using it all over as my mineral veil or setting powder (God knows, most anyone who buys Bare Minerals usually has enough mineral veil hanging around in various formulations), but I think it will be a great alternative to using bronzer in winter. (I live in Upstate NY and I don't go tanning. If I have an event I use Faux Tan on any parts that are showing and switch my foundation shade accordingly. Then I can use some bronzer for contour. It's hard to pull off a savage tan here in stark winter if you're a freckled Irish girl.)

I almost didn't buy this kit because I thought it was the Perfecting Veil, too. (Too many duplicates.) I think this will be a great addition to the line if it's given a chance to be used as it was intended.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I would like to hear from someone if this happens to them: 

after applying the serum foundation, setting powder, blush, etc., I notice that the foundation accentuates all of my pores, and my first instinct is to wash it off and put on another foundation.  After about 1/2 an hour my skin is looking better, then it continues to look better throughout the day.  I really like how this looks.  Does anyone else experience this too?

Trusted Contributor

I've noticed with all BareMinerals foundations - the new serum and the original foundation - they look better after some time has passed. It almost seems like it needs time to work with my skin? For it to warm up or something? It's odd. But it's definitely 30 mins-1 hour after application, my skin looks fabulous!!!

Frequent Contributor

They always say during the demonstrations to just keep buffing (especially with the Original foundation) and you will get an even better look. I love that my makeup always look fresh, and I notice my shadows appear more blended as the day goes on. I've tried lots of products, but Bare Minerals works the best for me. I do use a primer, either Mally or Laura Gellar.

Trusted Contributor

Re: September BM TSV

[ Edited ]

@Uglybuster wrote:

I would like to hear from someone if this happens to them: 

after applying the serum foundation, setting powder, blush, etc., I notice that the foundation accentuates all of my pores, and my first instinct is to wash it off and put on another foundation.  After about 1/2 an hour my skin is looking better, then it continues to look better throughout the day.  I really like how this looks.  Does anyone else experience this too?

Yes, I agree with this.  But also, to keep buffing and even blotting a little off and buffing again.  It is such a strange formula four for me it works best when I first apply a moisturizer and then the serum foundation (just a drop or two max).  Buff the heck out of it, then apply concealer if needed.  It does not look good on me personally as a full-coverage foundation.  It only looks good on me when I apply it over a moisturizer and a very thin layer super blended.  When I get it right, it looks incredible.  When I don't get it right (over apply it, or apply to dry skin), it looks awful and accentuates dry patches and pores.

Contributor

Re: September BM TSV

[ Edited ]

I love the new serum BE makeup in Bare LInen!  I am Fairly Light in the Original Foundation loose powder.

In the Sep TSV my favorite new item is the Sheer Boost Veil. It looks dark, but goes on me a just a hint of color. I always used the loose Bare Radiance before for my go to no makeup look.  This tinted Veil is an easier way to add just a whisper of color!

I think I like the serum but I have learned to only use 2-3 drops and buff, buff well. I like the way the new wand stick Concealer looks and layers, especially around my eyes, but find it globs too much product out. My solution is to dab on my finger first and then pat where I want concealer.  I still feel more comfortable applying the loose foundation.  Oh, and I do not use a primer under the serum, but always under the Original.  The new Cinnamon lipstick is matte, but I always add a drop of BE gloss in the center of each lip.