Honored Contributor

Question about Mineral Veil

[ Edited ]

I got the recent TSV, and I'm really happy with it, except for one thing. Keep in mind I haven't used Bare Minerals until Complexion Rescue last summer, and one eye kit I tried a while back.

I put the TSV face on and was really pleased with how it looked. Later that afternoon I had a dental appointment. When she put the bib up to wipe my mouth area, I noticed makeup all over it!! Then later I took a kleenex and put it up to my face and the same thing happened.

I use Mally's Face Defender, which I really hope the new company brings back. Whatever foundation and other makeup I use, I always finish with this. My makeup does not rub off on anything! I wasn't using it with this, but I did today! 

SO --- Am I using too much Mineral Veil? Exactly how much should I be putting in the cap. I'm doing the swirl, tap, brush routine, and it looks nice when it goes on, but I want it to STAY on - not come off on everything that touches my face. (My kitties are probably wearing Bare Minerals by now! Smiley LOL)

I would appreciate any advice you can give me! TIA! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: Question about Mineral Veil

I use complexion rescue.  Two ideas to maybe help you.

Maybe try a primer underneath the complexion rescue? Aren't they supposed to make foundation last longer?

Maybe try a lighter amount of product on the brush.  I find it goes a long way and if I use too much I feel like it's all over my face.

I like the product alot; just ordered the TSV too.  I use the Bareskin pressed powder by Bare Minerals over complexion rescue which makes it a bit more matte.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @HB glamma! I don't use a primer under this - and it's about the ONLY foundation I don't use a primer under - because it's a built-in primer and sunscreen. I guess I see it as more of a tinted moisturizer. I did take your advice and use just a tiny bit of the mineral veil, but I'm still wearing my Mally over it just to make sure it won't rub off on anything or anyone! Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only use about one shake in the lid of the mineral veil, a small bit. If you have oiler skin you may need more but its all I need for my combo skin.  It takes much less than the normal BM powder foundation. It can come off if you use too much and cake as well.

Contributor

I received my TSV yesterday in tan and tried it this morning. I used a primer under the complexion rescue. Everything looked great, but a few hours later my face looked darker, like the complexion rescue oxidized. I use the new mineral veil. Maybe I applied this too heavy. I thought about mixing the reg mineral veil with it the new veil.
Contributor

I did add hydrating mineral veil in with the new veil and it seemed to work better. Not sure if I should buff the veil on or just sweep it on. Anyone else experience the new veil being a little dark?