Trusted Contributor

I had several mineral veils that I was not using because they did not work with my skin tone. 

Feather light-  too sparkly

Tinted - too dark

SPF - too light

So I mixed them all together and I love it!

Do you make your own blends?

Valued Contributor

Re: My mineral veil experiment

Yes I do! I mix the two newest ones which I like on their own as well. Diamond light abd matte glow together though really give a beautiful finish.
Regular Contributor

Yes!  When I used to buy almost every kit that BE ever came out with and got lots of blushes that did not work for my coloring.  I dumped them all in to a Deluxe size foundation jar and now they all work for me since they are blended!

By the way, I still love BE, I just don't feel the need to buy everything anymore!

Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Trusted Contributor

I had a couple year stretch where I ordered EVERYTHING.  I never thought to mix the blushes, too. Hmmm...

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for this idea!  I just got my TSV with the new mineral veil and I find it to be really sparkley.  I'm not sure why they insisted this wasn't a glittery product, because when I tapped my brush in a stream of sunlight coming in my window, it look,Ed like twinkling fairy dust.  Little bits of glitter everywhere and on my face.  I don't mind a little sparkle, but I think that this product will work much better for me with the tinted mineral veil (which I find to be a little dark). I think I'll try 50/50 and see how that goes....

Occasional Contributor

I received 3 pots of Mineral Veil that was the BB formula. Very dark for my fair skin.  I mix it with the original mineral veil and love it. Could not wear it by itself. Over the years I have received some very light eye shadow that I could not wear and mixed it in with Bisque, Foundation or Mineral Veil, made it go further and you could not really tell it was in there. That was several years ago when I received very pale purple eye shadow.