Trusted Contributor

Best Suggestion for what to wear UNDER BE's original foundation

I've just revisited the original foundation; however, I wanted to know by those of you who use this product what the best primer or moisturizer or combo you all suggest I use as I am, no matter what I try, experiencing dryness around my mouth area. 

I currently am using, after my usual am routine which includes serum and moisturizer, bare minerals pure prep with spf.  I have absolutely no problem with any other form of foundation using this same routine.  I almost think I am "overbuffing" if that is possible - your thoughts?

FYI - my skin type is normal to oily, more oily.

Respected Contributor

Re: Best Suggestion for what to wear UNDER BE's original foundation

denese hylaronic serum right after shower,  dry off then Josie argon oil, wait until you have your coffee, then denese day cream, finally bare minerals.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some how my post is missing so I am going to post again.  I hope that my answer will be helpful.  You are not the only one who has had problems with the Original Foundation.  I found my answer in a review for the Original Foundation.  I have been very satisfied with the results.

"I purchased the Bare Minerals TSV.  I wore this for many years when I was younger.  As I aged, my skin became drier and the powder foundation would settle in the lines and wrinkles.  I happened to read a review for the original foundation written by a woman in her 60"s.  She advised wearing it over Complexion Rescue which is a tinted hydrating gel.  Then, instead of buffing the powder on she just brushes it over the gel.  I decided to give it a try since the value of the TSV set was so amazing.  I am thrilled with the results.  Using the gel as a base and using a light hand with the Original Powder Foundation and Mineral Veil solved the problem.  It no longer settles into my lines and wrinkles.  I am almost 65 years old and have extremely dry skin.  I use Philosphy Renewed Hope in a Jar moisturizers and Purity cleanser.  I like how my skin looks and so does my husband."

Frequent Contributor

I agree with Tuppermore.... I like the complexion rescue alone for quick trips to store esp during the  summer but needed more coverage for work. I read the same suggestion and now use the rescue as my only moisturizer and as my primer.....amazingly enough it works!  This application looks better at the end of the day  than using my serum, followed by primer THEN original powder foundation...then of course illumination mineral veil.  

Frequent Contributor

I am so glad I read this thread.  I tried using the Complexion Rescue UNDER the Original Minerals, then the Mineral finishing powder on top.  Wow!  This lasted all day, did not break down in the usual spots on my face (around nose, between brows), and just looked fantastic.  I am doing it today as well, and probably every day!  What a great tip.  Thank you for starting this thread.

Honored Contributor

I use CeraVe light lotion with a few drops of rosehip seed oil as my moisturizer and then I use BE original primer.

I have not tried the Complexion Rescue under the original foundation yet.  I will definitely try that.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN