Respected Contributor

Bareminerals complexion rescue

The color is not right but that is my fault for picking wrong color but it looks so greasy on me.  I then added powder and got the magnifying mirror and went to the window and it was settled in every line I have and emphasizing them.  Thank goodness I can return to Ulta.  I wanted something to wear with an SPF that was light and not bad for your skin that I could just throw on every day however I don't want to look worse instead of the same or better.

Respected Contributor

Re: Bareminerals complexion rescue

@chiclet I got a sample of the Complexion Rescue & it looked nice enough on, but it broke me out.

My 2 favorites-they seem very similar in look & wear on me-are Tarte Tinted Treatment BB Primer SPF30 & Philosophy Renewed Hope In A Jar Skin Tint SPF20.

They look light & nice on me (I have combo/oily skin). I even love the foundation brush that came with the Skin Tint here on QVC.

Respected Contributor

@chiclet @Dusty1  Thank you for the review. It is very helpful for me, because I was thinking about trying the Complexion Rescue.

Respected Contributor

I got a sample at Sephora while in Maui, figured I would try it out for the SPF - pulled the mirror down in the rental car and OH MY, back up to the room to wash my face! It did not look good on me, settled in every pore and line...

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aw that’s too bad it doesn’t work well for you.  Complexion Rescue is my holy grail tinted moisturizer with SPF. I just use a small amount all over my face and neck and it dries down to such a nice matte finish. It doesn’t accentuate any lines on me and I have lines around my eyes. I like how I look so much better with it on! I use the shade Vanilla. I don’t use any primer or moisturizer beforehand, and my skin is normal. 

Trusted Contributor

@Souperkrys wrote:

Aw that’s too bad it doesn’t work well for you.  Complexion Rescue is my holy grail tinted moisturizer with SPF. I just use a small amount all over my face and neck and it dries down to such a nice matte finish. It doesn’t accentuate any lines on me and I have lines around my eyes. I like how I look so much better with it on! I use the shade Vanilla. I don’t use any primer or moisturizer beforehand, and my skin is normal. 

Its my holy grail too.  I have terrible skin, somehow oily with large pores and dry and sensitive all at same time.  I use natural and I out it in a dry clean face and let is soak in for a bit.  Then I usually buff it out with a soft clean brush.  In summer I might use a little bit of setting powder (mineral veil) but in the winter, buffing with a clean brush is enough to take down the shine.  I also have fine lines around my eyes and deeper lines on my forehead and "11s" and it does not settle at all.  Especially after I buff it out.

Its pretty much the only foundation that does NOT break me out so I've been using I think for many years now.  I actually mix natural with desert in the summer then wear natural alone in the winter.  And I'm a makeup addict, so the fact that I'm willing to blend shades to get a perfect match speaks highly of this product lol!

Honored Contributor

I like Complexion Rescue, but you must use a powder over it. I use their under over priming & finishing powder. I'm 68 so I know I'm going to have fine lines and wrinkles that show up.

Respected Contributor

IMO, Complexion Rescue is not for all skin types. It works well on my Normal/Dry skin. I think it also works well for Dry Skin. Combo or oily skin, I would think it would be much too Dewy. It does not settle into my lines & is buildable, more so than other tinted moisturizers. I use the BM smoothing brush with it which works best for me. Sometimes I will use a light coverage with my fingers than use the Original mineral foundation & buff. Also with Complexion Rescue, the hydrating Mineral Veil works well as its slightly luminous. I love it! Will be trying the CR stick foundation. Has anyone here tryed it & your Thoughts? A good video to watch is the review by Shellby Wilson on both the CR & the CR stick.

Respected Contributor

@Souperkrys  Complexion Rescue is not matte at all even on dry skin. HUH?

Honored Contributor

I use Complexion Rescue and love it! It is not greasy on me; it is matte. However, I put very little on.....thin. I don't put it on thick.