Honored Contributor

BareMinerals - Trip to the Boutique April 2017

[ Edited ]

I finally had some time to get to the boutique and get color charted since they have expanded the colors for all their lines.  I went in with a clean face, which made it easy.

Original - Moved to Fair Ivory (originally was using Fairly Light, then moved to Fairly Medium)

Complexion Rescue - Moved to 1.5 (Birch) (originally was using 2 - Vanilla)

BarePro - they put me in 06 (Cashmere)

They told me I could put the Complexion Rescue under the BarePro.  I will have to try that to see what that looks like.

I mentioned on another thread that you know Leslie is gone and this line is no longer all about a "natural" looking face.  The sales reps today were heavily made up.  Scary heavy.  I get heavy eye makeup, my niece in college does that look (but she's also in theater so it's hard to know what is show makeup and what is going out makeup LOL).  They had heavy foundation.  I almost left because I was scared that they were going to make me look like that!

They were also working on a girl in her 20s at the same time I was being worked on and they were doing a nice job, she didn't look like she had makeup on.  

So I guess it's just their personal choice.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: BareMinerals - Trip to the Boutique April 2017

Marketing/Salesmanship....glad you got out without a major investment!

Respected Contributor

The new products are confusing to me.  I use the original Fairly Light and have been for years.  In the summer I mix a little faux tan into the mix.  That is all the Bare Minerals products is use.  Still love the original foundation.

Respected Contributor

Oh, by the way....we have a shop in our mall -- I did not find the associates there heavily made up.

Honored Contributor

Good to know.  It might just be this particular area.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN

I also use  Birch and Cashmere but haven't found the perfect shade for the Original.  I have Fairly Light and Fairly Medium also.  Did you find Fair Ivory to be lighter than the Fairly Light?  The Fairly Medium is too pink for me.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 - I need to do this. I haven't worn this line for long. I am part of the post-Leslie group. I did go in to get matched to Complexion Rescue at Sephora when it first came out. They matched me to Vanilla, and also talked me into buying the brush. A little while later there was a TSV here. I ordered it and it's still one of my favorites. It came with the loose eyeshadow and blush. 

I've wondered what I would be matched to in the original foundation so I can try it. I usually wear the second shade down from the lightest in most lines, and my complexion is warm. 

There is no store around us, but there is one about one hour away. One of these days I'll get there! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom

Complexion Rescue continues to be my favorite.  Do you you have the Complexion Rescue Mineral Veil?  That was part of a kit a couple of years ago.  Together they are really the bomb.  Other mineral veil formulas don't look as nice or work as well.  You can tell it's a different formula from the others.

I also use Tizo sunscreen under the Complexion Rescue and gives even better coverage.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Occasional Contributor

I have put the Bare Pro over the Complexion rescue and liked the look. I also put a dab in the lid of the Original foundation and mix that together. I like that look too.

Occasional Contributor

I personally don't care for the complexion rescue veil so I'm hoping I like the new one offered with today's TSV. 

I also moved from from fairly light to fair ivory, seems more neutral on my skin, fairly light was a bit too warm. And I've been using vanilla and will continue to do so because my newly matched birch isn't offered with the qvc kits.