Respected Contributor

Re: BareMinerals TSV Monday, May 22, 2017

@Uglybuster

Thank you for your detailed review.

I am still trying to wrap my brain around the POWDER Prime then putting the LIQUID Rescue over the top, I mean it just seems ODD to apply a POWDER than a LIQUID second normally it's the other way around.

hummm

Frequent Contributor

well, again...my kit came with NO INSTRUCTIONS, so I was just "guessing".

Valued Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@Uglybuster

Thank you for your detailed review.

I am still trying to wrap my brain around the POWDER Prime then putting the LIQUID Rescue over the top, I mean it just seems ODD to apply a POWDER than a LIQUID second normally it's the other way around.

hummm

I've seen MU artist do it with normal powder, especially for oiler skin types. It helps fill in pores well.  Wonder how dry skin will behave with it though? 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Uglybuster

I got mine yesterday. I got on the boards today to see if anyone knew how to apply the products. I didn't get any instructions either. The least they could have done was written something on the box. I tried finding something online with no luck. 

I'm going to try it out today. I was hesitant to put the powder under the complexion rescue but it is called "under & over." I have combination skin so maybe I'll just do that in the t-zone & then put it over the rest of my face? I can't believe there weren't instructions or suggestions on how to apply.... I guess I'll have to experiment until they put a video up  or they present the TSV. 

So far the only thing I tried was the lip color. I think I'm going to like that. Thanks for your post. 

Trusted Contributor

@Happymom523

I ordered mine less than a week ago. It showed an EDD of sometime after 5/22.  But it shipped in record time. I got it yesterday. 

Super Contributor

I got mine on Friday I think.  It was last week.   I did use the under over primer underneath.  I liked it.  It gave me a little more coverage and smoothed out my skin.  I did not use it on top though because it was not as finely milled as regular mineral veil.  I like that a little smoother.  There weren't any instructions anywhere.  Not even any informational details on the contents of the kit.  I was pretty peeved about that.

Frequent Contributor

I felt the same way about not having any directions or information to speak of.  Not BM finest moment IMO.  I do like the kit though, been wearing it every day since it arrived.  I use the blush as an all over eye color and the shadow in the crease. Looks fresh and natural.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here are the directions for the TSV

How do I use it: Sweep finishing powder all over using the larger end of the face and eye brush to create a smooth canvas. Buff the gel cream onto skin with the smoothing brush for an airbrushed finish. Apply finishing powder again to create a soft look. Apply blush to the apples of the cheeks. Using the smaller eye end of the brush, lightly apply eyecolor onto the eyelids. For added depth, use a back and forth windshield wiper motion to sweep color into the crease. To finish the look, sweep lipstick over lips.

I hope this helps.  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

You all are going to make me buy this.

I hate kits.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

Thanks for the detailed review. Sounds like the colors are a little TOO natural for me. I have Complexion Rescue already- not a fan, just trying to use it up. I do love the lipsticks, though, including the new matte colors.