Contributor

Bare skin -what primer are you using under?

I've been wearing BareMinerals for over 10 years and it is my makeup and suncare solutions I love.  I wear Fairly Light in the mineral powder form and Bare Linen in Bare Skin.  I like to pre -treat my face with primer, but have not found my new favorite primer to wear under Bareskin.  I have oily skin and find the BB Prime Time in light okay but a bit shiny.  The Complexion Rescue tinted gel cream I like alone but not under Bareskin.  Any tips??

Frequent Contributor

Re: Bare skin -what primer are you using under?

@Tee4u wrote:

I've been wearing BareMinerals for over 10 years and it is my makeup and suncare solutions I love.  I wear Fairly Light in the mineral powder form and Bare Linen in Bare Skin.  I like to pre -treat my face with primer, but have not found my new favorite primer to wear under Bareskin.  I have oily skin and find the BB Prime Time in light okay but a bit shiny.  The Complexion Rescue tinted gel cream I like alone but not under Bareskin.  Any tips??

@Tee4u

Have you tried the Prep Step?  Here's the link to look at both of them available on QVC.  One is new this month.

Prep Step

Wen user for over 14 years.

Favorite formulas: TT, LAV, SCM, FTP, WCM, 613, MIF, BGT
Contributor

Thanks Lacey.  I'll check this new product out!   I found the 9/18/15 BareMinerals Live Chat on the forum and posted the primer question again.  They recommended trying Bareskin without primer LOL!   Sometimes less is more.....

Contributor

I also posted this on the Live BareMinerals Chat under Today's Special value forum topic. This is what the Bare Minerals Team recommended:

Hi Tee4u Have you tried wearing our bareSkin Foundation alone without a primer? You might want to try wearing bareSkin Foundation and layering on with the bareSkin Perfecting Veil Sheer Boost to buff out any shine and oiliness.

We hope this helps!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I wear the same shades as you. I've also tried the BB prime time and found it to be just ok with the bareskin foundation. I like that primer better with the powder foundation. With the bareskin, I like the neutralizing primer. The neutralizing has a different texture than the BB and I find that it helps with oil control more too. I have a couple drugstore primers that I should try with the bareskin to see if they are a good combo. For my oilier skin, I need a primer with any foundation to get it to stay the entire work day. Without a primer, it seems like foundations melt off due to my oily skin. I also like to set the bareskin foundation with a little mineral veil or finishing powder. The combo of primer and veil finishing powder really keeps bareskin looking good for me.
Honored Contributor

I was using it with the original clear BE primer and found I liked it better without primer.  I didn't find it disappearing on me at all.  It stayed all day.

I have used the SPF 50 Prep Step under it, but it makes it a little too white for me.  No matter how little Prep Step I put on, it makes my foundation white or shiney.  Less so with the Loose Minerals but it does the same thing with the READY foundation.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Regular Contributor

I have oil skin too and am using Philosophy Supernatural and I also like Benefit's Pore Perfection -- I actually find that one a bit more mattifying than the Supernatural.  I'm just not a fan of BE's primer either.  I haven't used BareSkin yet (ordered the TSV) but I've been playing around with a few liquid makeup brands and both of these primers play nice with them.