Honored Contributor

Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue

Just wanted to thank whoever it was that recommended Complexion Rescue on another thread. So sorry I can't remember which thread it was or the name of the poster, and I'm not even sure it was on this forum or the Beauty Forum. However, on the basis of the poster's experience, I purchased CR from QVC for under the foundation and have been using it for the past week.

I love this product! It does a great job of coverage on the face, blends in easily, and looks great. The biggest challenge was making sure I got the right color. Nailed it! So glad I guessed correctly, as I didn't want to go thru the wait of returning the product for an exchange. Although this can serve well on my face by itself, I followed it with the recent TSV of the foundation, veil, blush, etc.

I used the other suggestion the poster made, to follow with a very light application of foundation in the powder form, that came out well too. The first time my hand was a bit heavy on this, but the next day I learned that doing it lightly, just softly dusting the face with the foundation afterwards, was all I needed.

Have tried putting the veil over the foundation as a third step, but think it starts to look a bit too much stuff on me. That extra layer of veil is not necessary.

Followed with the blush and I must say, I LOOKED STUNNING! Smiley Very Happy

Again, thanks to the unknown, unnamed, much-appreciated poster for their suggestions!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue

I ADORE that product. On days when I don’t want to wear any makeup at all, I will apply this and my face is still moisturized, protected and looks like I have foundation on. 

My my daughter bought my first one for me and she nailed the color. I make sure I am never without it. 

Glad you like it too!

Trusted Contributor

Not sure if it was me that recommended it but I love this foundation.  It's all that I use.  It can start off a little shiny but absorbs.

I apply with my fingers and then buff I think around with a brush and I find it perfect for everyday.  

Sometimes i wear it alone and sometimes with just the veil over it.  And for a more finished look, I might apply a light dusting of the original foundation.  I love it.  It's one of the few items I repurchase and happily pay full price for (Ulta also carries it if you have one near you and run out!) 

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022 Well, if it was you, mega hugs for the great tips/suggestions! Heart

Today I just put some light cream on my face, then the CR, no foundation, and a tad of veil, to try it that way. That works beautifully too!

Really nice when a combination can be found that only involves two or three things, and you are out the door! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm a huge fan as well.  I went to the boutique to get an even better match once they expanded the colors, so now it's absolutely perfect.

I like the MV that they make specifically for this.  At one point it was a QVC exclusive, so I dont' know if it's out at the boutiques and other places yet.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Just saw the original post/thread I was talking about when I started this thread, and how well Complexion Rescue works. It was posted by @Tuppermore! So big thanks to Tuppermore and the rest of you who also said great things about this product. Am really enjoying it! The original thread was about what to wear under the Bare Minerals powder.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your welcome.  I really like using Complexion Rescue under the BM Original Foundation.  It is really working well for me.  The TSV was such a great value and I put it on auto-delivery so I should be set for a very long time. 

Super Contributor

I use the Complexion Rescue also then the original powder and mineral veil. This works better for me than any other foundation. I tried Lancome and It cosmectics but i like Bare Minerals best.

Floral Pillow
Honored Contributor

This weekend I tried CR under Original loose and BarePro and it's perfect under BarePro for me.  Original loose is too shiney as is the CR.  BarePro is more matte so the finish is perfect for me.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Was so glad to see this product supersized this week. Picked it up in a slightly darker color and am eager to see how I like the new shade.