Frequent Contributor
I have been using the Bare minerals Faux tan lately and really love it but I do not like putting it on at night and sleeping in it. So my question is this, if I apply during the day, how long should I leave it before showering? I have seen several presentations but have not caught them saying anything about how long to let it stay on your skin before showering.
Thanks!!
Valued Contributor

Usuallly that info. is included in the directions and/or product information.

Frequent Contributor
@D Kay there was nothing with mine when I ordered. Just the bottle and brush in a box. There are directions for applying on the actual bottle but nothing about how long until you should shower. I searched online before posting here and most people just sleep in it so that’s why I’m here asking for any input.
Respected Contributor

I morning shower then use the tanner.  For the first time use an exfoliator in the shower.  I use it each time after my morning shower until I get the color I want and then use as needed.  I found morning use is  best  Never had run off on my clothes or sheets.

Regular Contributor
@Smc09 - I have an old bottle of Faux Tan that says to wait at least one hour before contact with water or bathing. Also avoid contact with fabric immediately after application. Hope this helps!
Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
@TasMss thank you so much! There isn’t any information on my new bottle so I so appreciate that!! Smiley Happy
Regular Contributor
Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Trusted Contributor
I leave it on for an hour or two and then rinse off gently without any soap - just a gentle rinse off of the guide color.

The actual self tanner keeps working through the night without staining or discoloring sheets or liklowcases.