Respected Contributor

I weighed myself this morning and it turns out I've lost 20 lbs. didn't set out to do this; I was taking some nasty medication that my doctor insisted I take. I grimly set my lips, so to speak, and did as I was instructed.

A few weeks after I started I happened to weigh myself and was surprised to discover I'd lost 10 lbs. This morning I weighed myself again and I'm down 20 lbs. Woman Surprised I don't need to lose any more weight so I guess I've hit the "finish line".

It's satisfying, too; all my life I've battled my weight and now I don't have to any more (although I won't let myself go hog wild, either). What a relief.

I know there are some people who will rag on me but I don't care. I'm just happy where I am now.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

I weighed myself this morning and it turns out I've lost 20 lbs. didn't set out to do this; I was taking some nasty medication that my doctor insisted I take. I grimly set my lips, so to speak, and did as I was instructed.

A few weeks after I started I happened to weigh myself and was surprised to discover I'd lost 10 lbs. This morning I weighed myself again and I'm down 20 lbs. Woman Surprised I don't need to lose any more weight so I guess I've hit the "finish line".

It's satisfying, too; all my life I've battled my weight and now I don't have to any more (although I won't let myself go hog wild, either). What a relief.

I know there are some people who will rag on me but I don't care. I'm just happy where I am now.

Confusing. Last month you said you lost 18 pounds due to thyroid medication. Did you lose an additional 20? That's a lot of weight! 

Honored Contributor

Re: wow! I did it!

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten   I am confused too.  Are you saying medicine is making you lose weight?  I didn't read your other post

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Just stay healthy.  As long as your dr approves your blood work, you've got it!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't get the correlation between nasty tasting medicine and unintended weight loss.  If you are happy with your weight loss. I'm happy for you.

Respected Contributor

ok, to be less confusing:

my doctor put me on thyroid medication

A few weeks later I discovered I'd lost about 10 lbs.--only because I weighed myself. Other than that, I didn't notice any changes.

Since then I've continued to lose weight and now I'm down 20 lbs. I posted about it a few times so maybe that's the cause of confusion.

I'm also aware that if/when my doctor takes me off thyroid medication, I'll have to be careful so that the weight won't come back.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

ok, to be less confusing:

my doctor put me on thyroid medication

A few weeks later I discovered I'd lost about 10 lbs.--only because I weighed myself. Other than that, I didn't notice any changes.

Since then I've continued to lose weight and now I'm down 20 lbs. I posted about it a few times so maybe that's the cause of confusion.

I'm also aware that if/when my doctor takes me off thyroid medication, I'll have to be careful so that the weight won't come back.

Once you are diagnosed with an under active thyroid, I have read you need the meds for life @GoneButNotForgotten . 

Honored Contributor

Re: wow! I did it!

[ Edited ]

I'm very happy for you!

As for the thyroid, my numbers were getting bad and my primary wanted to start me on some medication.  I decided to try supplements and went to an alternative doctor. 

This is what she suggested....

I have been taking Thyroid support, Nuthroid & Adrenal support by Vital nutrients.  After a year my numbers were back in the normal range!

If you feel that your doctor will take you off medication, I would ask about some of these supplements.  You can get all of them on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten   When I started thyroid medication about 20 years ago my doctor told me I would always need to be on it.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor
@NickNack wrote:
@GoneButNotForgotten When I started thyroid medication about 20 years ago my doctor told me I would always need to be on it.  
That's what I was told too.  I'll be on Levothyroxine for life.