Valued Contributor

Re: waiting for mammogram results-worried...

Had mine done today. My surgeon, that I see once a year for my breast exam, sets up my appt for my mammogram, and as soon as it is done, I walk across the hall to her office for the results. All within about 20 minutes. I had cancer in 2003, and for each year after, I always had to play the waiting game, too, but am thankful that it is no longer the case. But as others said, and in my own case, if something was not right, you normally got a call almost immediately.

Respected Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Lotus~ said:

Do not wait for a call or a letter.

Call them tomorrow and don't hang up til you get your results. Be pro-active about your health.

Tell the person on the phone that you are sick with worry. Don't back down until you get the results!!! I'm a breast cancer survivor and never leave the building until I get my results.

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 05gage25 said:

Had mine done today. My surgeon, that I see once a year for my breast exam, sets up my appt for my mammogram, and as soon as it is done, I walk across the hall to her office for the results. All within about 20 minutes. I had cancer in 2003, and for each year after, I always had to play the waiting game, too, but am thankful that it is no longer the case. But as others said, and in my own case, if something was not right, you normally got a call almost immediately.

I actually got my call back about 4 days after I had it done so it isn't always immediately. I actually thought I was in the clear because it took so long to get a call back.

But don't worry OP, even if they want to do follow ups, it still doesn't mean anything bad. I know it is scary but worrying doesn't do anything but put stress on your body. Try to think positive and keep busy to help keep your mind off of it! Take care!

Valued Contributor

OP -- I am so sorry if my comment seemed insensitive. It was not intended to be. I have received call backs for a follow up, more sophiscated testing, etc. and I truly know how stressful that can be. Also, sorry about some of the unkind remarks that have been made. As women, we need to be supportive of each other. Unfortunately, posting can bring out the worse in some people. Take care....
Valued Contributor

On 1/27/2015 05gage25 said:

Agree -- my call backs for more testing always came quickly-- the same day of the exam or early the next day.
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the kid support- I WILL call the clinic tomorrow. Please dont let cold responses upset you- This disease steals women away from their families as my mom was 47 when she passed from it. She went yearly for her mammograms without fail- ate healthy-didnt smoke-etc. She didnt get to meet her 9 grand children-she didnt get to see my sister or brother get married or spend any of her golden years with my dad. Breast cancer stole all of that- so if another poster cannot understand why I might get worried about a stupid xray then I think they are lucky they dont know the anguish we have had to live with. thank you for the supportive posts and prayers- I truly appreciare them!
Regular Contributor

Excuse mis-spellings im on my ipad
Regular Contributor

Jump4joy- no worries- thanks for your suggestions!
Honored Contributor

Very happy that all has turned out well with your results. Continued best wishes to you.
Super Contributor

On 1/27/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 1/27/2015 happy housewife said: Imo , if you are putting yourself through heck like this every year , and you are neg for the gene , you should probably be talking to a therapist. This is not normal behavior.

Honestly, I think YOU need a therapist because there is definitely something wrong with you. {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU.