Super Contributor

Re: under desk mini peddlers/bikes ? brand

I got my Cubii Jr at QVC on special last fall, hoping it would help me with chronic knee pain. I do need surgery, but I'm putting it off. At the time I was pretty desperate because I couldn't take a step without wincing in terrible pain.

I have since discovered that if I use it just 1/2 hour a day for 5 days a week, I can walk around pretty normally. I still have to be careful how I move, but it's nice not to be in constant agony.

I'd say the Cubii Jr is worth every $dime and then some. If I wear it out, I won't hesitate to buy a new one.

Trusted Contributor

Re: under desk mini peddlers/bikes ? brand

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling wrote:

I don't believe those bikes actually do anything.

Your height of your chair is important, the type of chair you use is important, how you sit is important, the length from your chair to the petal is important and to me it's just a gimmick.    You actually could be putting more strain on your back than it's worth.

You need a flat floor, you need a mat that doesn't move on the floor and a mat that holds the bike in place.

Reminds me of those machines with the belt years ago that went around your waist and shook you hoping to improve your waistline.

@Just Blingin my opinion they keep the blood circulating.  We all know that sitting for prolonged periods is not healthy yet we do spend a lot of our time at our computers.  I recently bought one of these for that reason.  I'll find it and post the one I bought, 

this one from Amazon