Honored Contributor

Re: tripped,fell,broke r. humorous bone & i am r, handed

@qualitygal

So very sorry this happened to you😢

Hopefully, I will remember that you are reading along so I will wave and address you! This is a fine hoe-do-you-do, right?

Get healed fast!💗

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal, I am so sorry about your fall. I hope your bone mends quickly and that you can get back to good health. Take care of yourself and we will look forward to seeing you post again soon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal  I am so sorry about your fall, and sprained hand.  I am going on one and a half months with a sprained pinky finger, and it's no picnic.  All of the skin from the first knuckle forward that was sprained peeled off, so the skin is red raw but healing. 

Try not to whack your hand, the pain is unbelievable, lots of hopping around here, lol, and a few cuss words.  I used SportsGel on the finger until the painful throbbing subsided, about a week or so, and Ibuprofen, took four at a time for me, and that lasted a few weeks.  Now, my finger will resemble the sprained toes of years ago, bent.

Valued Contributor

I feel your pain. I'm so sorry you are injured. A year ago I fell broke my ankle and my finger. Wore a boot and a splint for eight weeks. Both were very painful. Feel better soon!

Valued Contributor

@qualitygal  I, too send good thoughts to you for a good recovery from your fracture..Hopefully, a sling & some good meds will get you going again..as a lefty, I will send you some thoughts to learn your left-handed skills..take care. 

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal

So sorry to hear about you fall and fx.  That's one rather tough bone, so you must have landed on it just right.  And your dominant arm as well.  Yikes!  Hope you heal well and fast and that your upcoming appt goes well.

(The must be the season for fractures.  So many abound.  Just a few weeks ago, fx'd my ankle and one bone in my foot, dropped a metatarsal head, and pulled 4 ligaments.  What did I do?  Just ran into the corner of the bed going heck-bent for leather in the bedroom.  Silly me!)

Take care and don't over-do with your right hand/arm.

Valued Contributor

@sfnative

Glad to see you on!!  Hope you are doing better!

I'm released from P/T.....I see the doctor Monday.  My only problem is that I cannot SLEEP!!!  Range of motion is still not great....and still some pain....

Esteemed Contributor

@highmaintenancejan wrote:

@sfnative

Glad to see you on!!  Hope you are doing better!

I'm released from P/T.....I see the doctor Monday.  My only problem is that I cannot SLEEP!!!  Range of motion is still not great....and still some pain....

@highmaintenancejan

Hi Jan.

Just can't believe you're still having such a time sleeping.  Is it due to continues pain?  Weird, but I just saw something like a FB ad a few days ago about how to sleep with rotator cuff pain, etc.

I really hope your physician has some real help and answers for you.  Please email me and let me know.  Things not good on the home front.  Will tell you about it via email.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

I'm so sorry to hear this.  Not only do falls hurt, they can be disorienting for a bit.  

Several years ago I also broke my right humorous bone, I'm RT handed too.  Was in a cast for 8 weeks.  When the swelling went down I was able to do most things, except shower, wash hair, style hair, dress, put on M/U, and eat without help!  Did finally learn to go potty alone.  Just a bit of humor.  I know you feel bad.

I broke mine falling out of bed which sounds so much more exciting than it actually was.

Wishing you the Best!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal- How are you doing now that it's been a few days?  Breaks are ususally pretty sore a few days after--Tend to feel better with time. 

Thinking of you and hope you heal quickly!