Valued Contributor

Am having such trouble with tinnitus.  It is bad in my deaf ear 24/7.  I know no cure and the Dr.s want to say depressed or anxious.  I say, who wouldn't be if there is no sleep or relief.  Sorry, I'm just frustrated.  Thanks for listening.

Respected Contributor

I’m so sorry, ...You and my DH both.  Drives him nuts too.

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Sorry to hear you're going through this. I've been dealing with this for about 5 years now.

Respected Contributor

@matty liz @Did you see an ent?  If so my ent doctor says to try

lipo flavonoid. They are having good results with it. The box will say LipoFlavonoid plus for ear ringing. Good Luck!

Esteemed Contributor

@Azcowgirl  I'm hearing disabled, almost deaf in one ear and hearing aid in the other. I try very hard to ignore it and do most of the time. Funny thing is it changes. Sometimes high pitches and sometimes bells. Lately it's been popping, almost like A BB gun or louder. 
  My Mother had it and my son does also. 
   The worst is at night when I think I hear the smoke alarm beeps. It's hard to locate the sound of those if they go off. 
    My dogs have trained themselves to alert me to most situations, ie doorbell & trucks. But I can't hear the phone ring, only my ear!😆🙄😞😠

Esteemed Contributor

@matty liz  It's no fun for sure! I lost hearing in one ear 12 years ago, due to an autoimmune attack. I remember theENT telling me, well it's either a rare autoimmune disorder or you have a brain tumor. I'll take the autoimmune disorder!Hahaa! The tinnitus started shortly after that. It sounds like a 747 taking off in my ear. Sometimes it sounds like other things For sleeping, I keep a box fan running in the bedroom at medium or high. It somehow counteracts the noise in my ear and it helps. The worst is how loud it gets when I'm in a noisy room, like a loud restaurant. I can't hear a thing! I've had to make my co-workers aware, and of course my family knows I'm not going to be able to hear things in certain situations. They say there are remedies, but I have not tried them. I just live with it. I figure, if one day I don't hear it, I'll know I've died and gone  to Heaven! smileyhappyy:

Esteemed Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@Azcowgirl  I'm hearing disabled, almost deaf in one ear and hearing aid in the other. I try very hard to ignore it and do most of the time. Funny thing is it changes. Sometimes high pitches and sometimes bells. Lately it's been popping, almost like A BB gun or louder. 
  My Mother had it and my son does also. 
   The worst is at night when I think I hear the smoke alarm beeps. It's hard to locate the sound of those if they go off. 
    My dogs have trained themselves to alert me to most situations, ie doorbell & trucks. But I can't hear the phone ring, only my ear!😆🙄😞😠

@1Snickers  Oh my! I hear things too! Sometimes I hear what sounds like newscasters speaking. What's that all about?!? I hear the doorbell when it isn't ringing. When my DH isn't there, I just look out of the window to see if anyone is there.When DH asks me if I heard the neighbor fire up his hotrod early in the morning, I say: "Are you kidding? How could I hear that with what's going on in my ear?" Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

This is a club of which I wish I was not a part.  I have brutal tinnitis.  Every now and then I might have a day where it's not as loud but those are few and far between.

A lot of mine is like really loud crickets. Also, in the background a sound that is like the heater or a/c running, or the garage door being opened or closed.  I also have, usually at night, sounds that sound like people talking from far away but never anything that I can understand.  

If there is a sudden, loud, or shrill, sound that happens anywhere near me they will go into high-gear super loud high-pitched ringing for a while.  

It's a drag to never have any peace.  The only ways it's gone is if I'm at a concert or I put my headphones in and play music really loud.  It takes a lot of volume to over-take the tinnitis. 

I wish there were a cure but, sadly, there is not.  Don't get sukked in by ads for meds that are supposed to kick it.  It's not true.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt  I guess this is a crazy club! I'm glad someone else hears distant voices. My DH thinks I'm nuts! Well, I might be, but not because of that, I also like the YouTube videos that have rain and snow storms on an eight hour loop. That seems to help.