Respected Contributor

Re: three week long migraine?

thank you @50Mickey  and i really don't know for sure what he was targeting when he gave me the zpack, but it certainly didn't hurt anything i guess. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fancy pantsy  Oh wow that's a long stretch to suffer a migraine I'm so sorry! As someone who has thankfully phased out of week long migraines now that im menopausal i can relate. Through the years my bad ones were were tmj related,  a lyme disease infection misdiagnosed and also a bought with Epstein Barr which is a viral infection. I did have longer length headaches with those 2 infections.. The viral one was non stop on/off until the infection ran its course. Im sure your body with all the surgeries has been through a bit. The zpak will at least cover any possible bacterial.

Side note: My therapist friend told me tmj and also the back of the neck at the top nodes can get out of alignment thus the cycle.  Maybe a good massage therapist/pt can assess you too. Craniosacral massage I've had. 

I take ondansetron for nausea, and I'm on a beta blocker and it has reduced alot of them. Hang in there, see what the tests show. A dentist or an ENT can look for tmi issues. Hope you feel better very soon!  xo

Esteemed Contributor

@fancy pantsy  I'm sorry you've had such a bad time!
   I had severe migraines every month. Sometimes they were stress related, but always the headache. 
  When I went on Premarin they were worse. One lasted 16 days so I stopped it.
   I went with a friend to get Botox for a few wrinkles around the eyes. After a month or so when I was reaching for vitamins I noticed my Imitrex. Then I realized I hadn't had a migraine. My Dr. is great with the injections and does less often now. 
   It's stopped them for me, but every person and migraine is different.  
   Good luck with the MRI, it sounds like you have good Doctors. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

So sorry for your ordeal, @fancy pantsy.  I've had vertigo several times, and it's awful and frightening, even without the migraines.

A Z-pak is an antibiotic -- it has nothing to do with virus-caused illness, so it sounds like something else is going on.  Fingers crossed that your MRI goes well and that you'll soon be on the road to recovery.

Respected Contributor

My daughter's friend went through this recently.  After 3 weeks she went to the ER and they did an MRI which showed that she had a brain bleed.  She had IV meds for a couple of days and is doing fine now.  Her's was caused by a medication she takes.

Trusted Contributor

Please continue to stay under medical care and seek answers.  Good luck.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a migraine sufferer and I hate to be a Debbie Downer but I had a friend who had a similar sounding migraine and she died of a brain aneurysm!  Please get a complete workup at a clinic or hospital.

Honored Contributor

Another thing to rule out would be Menier's disease.  I have a friend that has that and it sounds similar although without the trigger you described.  Good luck.  I get awful headaches and have had a lot of them lately.  May be weather related.

Respected Contributor

@fancy pantsy I just pray that you are not a smoker. I would get a way to quit if you do.

Honored Contributor

ZPack is also an anti-inflammatory.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN