Super Contributor

Well, here I am .... this coming Monday I get shot #5 of the Hyalgen series of shots in my knee (the last one). I honestly think, after 4 shots, this is as good as it's going to get, and it's something I'll have to just live with. If that's the way it is, it is what it is. I saw my therapist this morning - Dr. R - and he thinks I need to ask my Orthopedist - Dr. M - what the criteria is for a knee replacement. He also thinks I should tell him about my battle with depression, the breakdown I had 1-1/2 years ago, and how I tend to isolate. With the knee as it is, it will eliminate many of the things I enjoy ..... hiking, whitewater rafting, lap swimming and diving .... none of which you can do with a knee like this. Dr. R. is afraid eliminating the things I like will lead me into still more isolation and pulling inward ... I know that's not healthy, but he is probably right. I hate this. I feel like I'd be asking Dr. M. for a knee replacement - heaven forbid! I'm not one to want to have anything even close to that done. I feel "betwixt and between" .... on one hand I see what Dr. R. is saying, and yet .... I really hesitate to do it.
Thanks for listening.
abby