Honored Contributor

Do you take daily,and have you heard the findings that were done in a study?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Since 2006 I've been on a 1X a day low dose aspirin.

This is with the full agreement of my PCP and my oncologist. Not going to go into my medical history but there's a very good reason.

Honored Contributor

I started taking an aspirin a day last year.  Haven't heard about study, but wouldn't change because of it.

Honored Contributor

My husband has taken a full strength coated aspirin every day for the last 20 years after surviving a big MI, known as The Widowmaker.    

The respected cardiologist who prescribed that regime also told my husband not to let any doctor talk him into reducing that to a baby aspirin, or discontinuing aspirin therapy.   

At this point we don't pay any attention to new findings and studies.   

Honored Contributor

Re: taking aspirin

[ Edited ]

Yes, I take one low-dose tablet everyday, as directed by my doctor. 

I read about the study done and it mostly concerns older people, in their 70s, healthy and at no risks. The article said not to start taking aspirin if you are a healthy older person and went on to say do not stop taking it, if you are on it, before consulting with your doctor first. Starting an aspirin regime can lead to health problems, for example internal bleeding.

The study was largely funded by the NIH. This pub is dated 9/16/2018.

https://www.nia.nih.gov/news/daily-low-dose-aspirin-found-have-no-effect-healthy-life-span-older-peo...

Respected Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

My husband has taken a full strength coated aspirin every day for the last 20 years after surviving a big MI, known as The Widowmaker.    

The respected cardiologist who prescribed that regime also told my husband not to let any doctor talk him into reducing that to a baby aspirin, or discontinuing aspirin therapy.   

At this point we don't pay any attention to new findings and studies.   

And you're very wise by not paying any mind to new findings because next month something will come out to reverse the previous findings.  We also take one low dose aspirin daily and will continue to do so.

Trusted Contributor

I told my husband to call his doctor, since he takes daily aspirin.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Do you take daily,and have you heard the findings that were done in a study?

@goldensrbest

Yes I do. It is part of my Cardiologists post Heart Attack Health prescription, not a "prescription medicine". I take an 81mg. tablet every night.

I have no idea what "study" to which you have made reference. Point me that way and I will gladly read it, and see if I agree with it's findings.

Just for your information:

I cannot take any Aspirin product higher than 81mg/cannot take any type of Anti-inflammatory/cannot take any NSAID product. All of these, along with too much Vitamin E?  I run the risk of more Right Colon Bleeding, to which I have already had 15 Colonoscopies and 5 Double Balloon Enteroscopies, coupled with over 130+ Blood Transfusions and 30+ Iron Infusions.

Anxious to read this "study" and hope you will share a link, or your source of seeing/hearing the results of it. Specificity would be greatly appreciated.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I do not take any medications or supplements at all.  Years ago my PCP wanted  me to take a baby aspirin because my mother had heart disease.

i refused.  I am not my mother and my heart is fine.  If I had heart disease, I would take aspirin.  It is a wonder drug.

Honored Contributor

DH was told by the NP to add 1 baby aspirin to his daily regimen just last week.

In a couple of months, he is going back to his regular doctor. That’s when Medicare kicks in so he will be able to confirm with him what’s been added.