Contributor

need suggestions on affordable options. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Why don't you just go to the drugstore and read the labels. there are tons there that are labeled for babies and/or children.

Respected Contributor

Re: sunscreen for children

[ Edited ]

Goddess Garden Sunny  I use chldren's sunscreen because I'm allergic to all of the chemical sunscreens out there. This one has only zinc oxide and titanium oxide (mineral sunscreen) and not the chemicals, which are toxic to kids. 

This is water resistant and comes in a trigger spray bottle--easier for fast application all over. 

Trusted Contributor

I recommend a spray product because it is so quick and easy to use.  Kids don't like to stand still for sunscreen!  And you can spray their hair to protect their scalp.  Walmart makes a variety of affordable sprays.  Be sure to get waterproof if they will be swimming and reapply often. 

Respected Contributor

I am passionate about clothing with the SPF built in: there is no question about what brand, how often to apply etc. Sun Precautions makes a full line of clothing, and yes, they have protective swim shirts that are easy to swim in and drip dry-and all sizes. I bought protective clothing for my kids and never looked back. Some might consider SPF clothing expensive, but when you consider the price of sunscreen, the constant re-application etc- and the questionable efficacy, protective clothing is well worth it.

Poodlepet2

Valued Contributor
Hi-Blue Lizard is a great, physical sunscreen for adults and kids. Sometimes I see it at CVS in a smaller bottle, but a bigger bottle, with more product us better priced elsewhere. Like Amazon or drugstore.com.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi glmama!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

We use the spray spf 50 from Trader Joe's - it goes on well and stays on.  We have never had a problem or a burn.  HTH

Contributor

With all the hype about children inhaling the bad chemicals from otc sunscreen and children having chemical burns from them too, I was looking to purchase a safe product for my 4 year old. has anyone tried Supergoop?

Valued Contributor

Hey Honny!Smiley Happy I'm still trying to get used to these new boards so I haven't been on as much. Which is a bummer b/c I really do love these BBs! How are you? I have to check out our coffee thread--haven't checked in over there in some time. Smiley Happy