Respected Contributor

Has anyone ever tried this as a supplement in the powder form?  Is it as disgusting as I've heard?  What benefits, if any, did you see?  Thanks for any input.

Honored Contributor

It's like fishy slime. I couldn't stand to take it so I threw it out.Woman Tongue

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's like fishy slime. I couldn't stand to take it so I threw it out.Woman Tongue

The reviews I read referred to "pond scum" Woman Surprised

How does something like that sell if it's so bad.  I've read how good it is for you -- ain't that the way.

Honored Contributor

I took it in capsule form several years ago and didn't notice anything good or bad.

It does sound like it does wonders but I didn't see any.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Side effects include liver and kidney failure. NO THANKS.

Esteemed Contributor

When I go to my local co-op, I like to go to their smoothie bar and get a smoothie, and one of the things that I like to add to it is spirulina. 

I can't even taste it when it's mixed in.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Side effects include liver and kidney failure. NO THANKS.

That must be why the reefs are dying off. 

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor
@makena
I take it occasionally for an immune boost. Mine is in capsule form so I have never experienced taste/texture.
Yes, I felt my cold or URI was better.
Will look up and see which brand I kept around.
My experience right now is with using medicinal mushroom preparations (Lessman -- Immune Factors). I'm thinking this s could be in a category with spirulina... just shows what I know which is not much!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:
@makena
I take it occasionally for an immune boost. Mine is in capsule form so I have never experienced taste/texture.
Yes, I felt my cold or URI was better.
Will look up and see which brand I kept around.
My experience right now is with using medicinal mushroom preparations (Lessman -- Immune Factors). I'm thinking this s could be in a category with spirulina... just shows what I know which is not much!

Thanks for the info Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I use it everyday.  I bought the mine on amazon.

Nutrex  Pure Hawaiian Spirulina - 500mg tablets 400 count – Boosts Energy and Supports Immunity – Vegan, Non GMO – Natural Superfood Grown in Hawaii