Valued Contributor

I am looking for a good sound machine to help with tinnitus.  Does anyone have one they like.  My tinnitus is so bad at night.  Thanks

Valued Contributor

Even if you don't buy from them, Amazon sells a number of them.  You can at least see the different kinds and read customer reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

@matty liz  I just play something from "Ambient Noise" on my Echo Show. I think you could do it with any Echo. I have tinnitus too, and right now I like "Rain on a Window." Just put it on continual rotation. My DD uses the Big Red Rooster White Noise Machine for her little daughter. It plugs in or works on a battery. It's lasted for 3 years so far and is on all the time. I think it cost around $16.00.

Respected Contributor

@matty liz   I've had tinnitus for a long time. You'll be using sound to distract your attention away from the tinnitus. It can be a fan, a radio, or one of those natural sound machines. If you decide on a natural sound machine, I would look for the lowest price just to try it out. I have one, but mostly I turn on the radio. 

Honored Contributor

I've used a Homemedics sound machine for decades and I've only had to replace it once.  I think I paid about $20 or so. In a pinch, I can find white noise on my phone through apps. I don't have tinnitus but I'm a notoriously poor sleeper and can't go without this. 

Honored Contributor

I don't have tinnitus but do appreciate white noise.  I run a fan in the bedroom at night.  During the day, in other parts of the house, I play a CD that's just fan noise, with the CD / DVD player set to repeat.  You can get other types of sound CD's - for example, pure white noise, rainstorm, waves on the beach, sounds of nature, etc.  If you have a digital assistant, like Alexa, I believe it can also play such sounds.

Valued Contributor

Appreciate each imput so.  All came up with different thoughts and very doable.  It is individual so I can see what works.  Thanks to each of you

Respected Contributor

I run a Hunter air purifier - it's a win/win ...noise and also clean air.

Honored Contributor

LectroFan.  I have had it for almost 10 years.  

Honored Contributor

I have a Dohm Sound Machine. That kind has been around for a very long time. It was one of the original noise makers for sleeping. I like that it's adjustable to make the sound deeper or higher...whatever you need. Looks like this:

download.jpeg