Trusted Contributor

Re: really good sugar free, caffeine free drink

@Jinlei @Sooner  Hello, yeas I can understand. Have you ever tried stevia. It is a natural sweetener from the stevia plant. It is quite good, and does not have all the problems other sweeteners has like bitter aftertaste. Happy weekend.

Honored Contributor

@webbgarner1 wrote:

@Jinlei @Sooner  Hello, yeas I can understand. Have you ever tried stevia. It is a natural sweetener from the stevia plant. It is quite good, and does not have all the problems other sweeteners has like bitter aftertaste. Happy weekend.

@webbgarner1 Thanks for the suggestion but I can't get past the taste of stevia to know if I get a headache or not.  It just tastes like many artificial sweeteners to me with that lingering metallic taste.  Odd how some people taste things differently!  

Honored Contributor

@webbgarner1 wrote:

To those of you who replied you drink water or water with lemon good for you. I know it is better for you. But the point of my post was to pass on to those who might be looking for some beverage other than water. It might not be for everyone but I have never had a problem with sugar free drinks, been drinking them for over 50 years. Have a great weekend everyone.

@webbgarner1 

I was thinking the same thing ....  not sure if people have very poor reading comprehension ... or just don't bother to read the posts!    Crazy.

Honored Contributor

I would encourage anyone thinking about trying this to read the ingredient label and do some digging. The chemical sweeteners are something to be cautious about.  I do my best to avoid sucralose, especially Splenda, but there are also concerning side effects to the acesulfame as well.  

Respected Contributor

@webbgarner1 wrote:

To those of you looking for a good sufar free and caffeine free drink I have  found Natures Twist lemonade and strawberry lemonade very good. Very refreshing without the carbonation. Of course diet mountain dew is my all time fav but trhis is a nice change also for variety.

@webbgarner1 

I highly recommend water.  Nice cold water does the trick for me and I have learned to crave it!!!

Honored Contributor

We need 4700 mg. of potassium daily and most people don’t get nearly enough through diet alone.  I am eating very healthy these days, feel great, and am healthier than I have ever been. Even so, getting enough potassium everyday is an elusive goal.  Supplements are usually only 100 mg, which is ridiculous IMO.  For that reason, I drink at least one serving of K1000 electrolytes powder daily - sometimes two, if needed.  It has a raspberry lemonade flavor and is sweetened with stevia, which is a natural non-chemical sweetener, and has zero sugar, zero maltodextrin.  Postassium is for heart function and blood pressure but overdoing is dangerous so keep track of your intake.  Make sure you are facatoring in what comes from dietary sources and other vitamin/mineral supplements.  

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  good choice. My prefferred sweetener is stevia.

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner @JeanLouiseFinch yes, everyone has different tastes. I was diagnosed as type 1 diabetic  in early childhood, 6 years of age. over 50 years ago. So i gre up with unsweeted tea and 2 diet sodas which were not very good to the palate of a young child.That was way back in the days of saccharin. At any rate I can not drink high sugar content drinks and would not want to anyway. Drinking a regular soda is like drinking pure syrup to me. 

One of the reasons for my original post  was to pass it on to families with kids who are diabetic. However in todays world there are numerous options, even flavored waters, but back in the 1960s there not many options at all. Tab, freca. Diet coked did not even come out until the 1980's.Have a great day !

Honored Contributor

Spindrift Seltzer in pink grapefruit is amazing

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

There are so many great flavored teas out there that make excellent iced tea.

I was a big fan of Caribou Coffee's tropical green iced tea.  I buy the tea bags online now and a bottle of pineapple extract (not artificially flavored) and make a half gallon container once a week.  One half gallon and 1/4 tsp of the extract is perfect.  

A nice refreshing iced tea for summer.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN