Esteemed Contributor

really bad stomach ache every 3 or 4 months

I've had a colonoscopy, all clear, a ilittle diverticulitis. 

Doctor can't find anything.

Maybe it's bits of capsules from my supplements?

I just don't know.  I haven't been able to figure out anything.

Today I'm starting beef bone broth. 

Hopefully it will be the healer it is claimed to be.  I'm also giving it to my basset hound. She is 12 and has inoperable cancer.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: really bad stomach ache every 3 or 4 months

My dh has an ulcer and thats the way his runs, every 3-4 months. His doctor tells him just to take Prilosec OTC for 2 weeks. He's as good as new after.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@ID2  Thanks for the info.

I wonder if they would have seen an ulcer with the colonoscopy.

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey

Did you get an EGD scope too?

Also, have you been tested for food allergies?

Contributor

Mary, you can't see an ulcer from a colonoscopy. That test only shows a small amount of the colon. An ulcer is in the stomach or the top of the small intestine. called the duodenum. You'd have to have a test where they go in from the mouth.

and into the stomach. It's called an endoscopy. I have had an ulcer and it hurt all the time, not every 3 or 4 months. Maybe you should ask your doctor to examine you further. Good luck.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mary Bailey

Im no health professional but I will share my experience with stomach issues. I had reoccurring belly aches for a year or more. Then my face started breaking out horribly. I had never had a blemish in my life. After trying Drs, over the counter lotions and creams while reading I came across writings on leaky gut and diet.

I cut out almost all carbs, all sugar and processed food. A year later I have lost 45lbs without counting a calorie and all skin and stomach issues resolved. I have found many of our health issues can be traced back to the standard American diet. Not sure if that helps but something to consider.

hope you feel better soon! Stomach issues are no joke.

PS Bone broth is awesome for you, I make my own so I know what is in it!

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Honored Contributor

@Debzzz wrote:

@Mary Bailey

Im no health professional but I will share my experience with stomach issues. I had reoccurring belly aches for a year or more. Then my face started breaking out horribly. I had never had a blemish in my life. After trying Drs, over the counter lotions and creams while reading I came across writings on leaky gut and diet.

I cut out almost all carbs, all sugar and processed food. A year later I have lost 45lbs without counting a calorie and all skin and stomach issues resolved. I have found many of our health issues can be traced back to the standard American diet. Not sure if that helps but something to consider.

hope you feel better soon! Stomach issues are no joke.

PS Bone broth is awesome for you, I make my own so I know what is in it!

Unfortunate, but probably quite true.

Honored Contributor

I would go back to the doctor for additional testing. That reminds me of the time I found out I had gallstones.

You might want to keep a food journal to help you link the foods you are eating to your episodes, as well. That will be a great tool to show the doctor.

For me, I had several episodes of extreme stomach pain and vomiting and they tested me for an ulcer, which I was pretty sure wasn't the issue. When the test came back negative, I went back to the doctor and the second time I told the nurse I was burping more than usual. I don't even know what made me tell her that. She said, "Oh, it's probably your gall bladder." The doctor came in, I repeated what I had told the nurse, and she said the same thing. And they were right.

So now I know, report everything to the doctor, even if it doesn't seem like a big deal.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@ID2  Thanks for the info.

I wonder if they would have seen an ulcer with the colonoscopy.

My wife's ulcer was found via an Endoscopy. They also can be found via upper GI testing. One upper GI I had was swallowing a thick type type of liquid and they took pictures and scans if it's route through the GI System.

It would probably be best to see a Gastro Doctor about this issue. Myself personally? I would move this way up my priority list.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

My gastro doc chalked it up to irritable bowel, which seems to be their fall-back position when they can't find anything, even after a colonscopy.  Probably does have something to do with diet.