Respected Contributor

"just wondering about nasal sprays "

I t seem like my "Ocean" saline nose spray smell like mold at times. Has anyone ever refrigerated it to keep it fresh. ?

Honored Contributor

Re: "just wondering about nasal sprays "

I have them and there is an expiration date on the bottle.  No, I have never experienced a bad smell and I do not keep in my refrigerator.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Maybe it's expired!  Throw it out and get a new one!  No, never kept in the fridge. I haven't had any issues with my spray.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Could be your nose. 

Honored Contributor

@godi could be right....I don't use nasal sprays unless I have a cold and can't breathe but sitting in my house sometimes, well a lot,  I smell this 'odd' smell....but my dh can't smell it, I think it just me.

@BeccaLou  DH uses a nasal spray and does not refrigerate his bottle.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs   My DH and I have the same conversation, I smell something and he doesn’t. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

I keep my prescription nasal sprays on the kitchen counter, none of them say to keep in the fridge

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

I've used for years and never noticed any "odor". I don't referigerate mine and it doesn't indicate that is necessary. I would call the pharmacist or the doctor's office to check your concern. I would discard the botttle and open a new one. When it comes to medication you need to be sure that it's okay. 

Honored Contributor

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. OCEAN HAS A RECALL ON CERTAIN NASAL SPRAYS FOR POSSIBLE CONTAMINATION. YOU CAN CHECK TO SEE IF YOURS IS ON THIS LIST.https://www.smithdrug.com/uploads/recalls/ocean_saline_nasal_spray.pdf

Respected Contributor

No it wasn't expired, but threw it out,  and purchased a new one. I have to use daily , and I never experienced that moldy smell before. And I old but don't think I'm molding yet.Smiley Wink