Honored Contributor

Re: "cut" on ball of my foot

Kerasal has worked wonders overnight, I used it twice yesterday and my heels are almost baby smooth.

------------

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

My feet get really dry in the winter and sometimes I get a split on my heel. I wash the area well with soap and then apply antibiotic creme. I then cover it with one of those cushy big bandaids during the day. ...let air get to it at night. It will heal in a few days for me....

I don't go for a pedicure again until it is healed.

But if yours is red or bleeding and getting worse....you should see a DR.

Hubby poo pooed me when he got a split on his heel and ended up with a staph infection he got showering at the YMCA....

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

There's a diffrence between a crack  and a cut. I get cracks because of my feet get dry. Vasoline and socks help. 

Honored Contributor

Type 2 diabetes in the early stages has no symptoms at all. You could have it and not know it. Wounds that don't heal might be a sign of it.  I would see a Dr just to rule that out. They will pick your finger and test your blood

If you have a friend that has it, they can test you with their meter. It's nothing to fool around with and it won't just go away

Honored Contributor

Been there done that not diabetic, thanks for the input

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I am so happy to hear that you are on the mend!!! Thanks for the update oxox.

Honored Contributor

If this is something you've dealt with for quite awhile, and there is no change in the cut that signals an infection, I would work intensely on healing the wound.   I would hold off on the pedicures for at least a month, to avoid risk of infection.   

This sounds like a skin tear to me, based on your very dry skin.   I would seal it with the liquid bandage, keep your feet coated with Vaseline or coconut oil to prevent further tears, and stay off the foot as much as possible.  

Honored Contributor

I admit it, I cannot stop laughing...lol    See a doctor seems like the logical answer.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad you saw a doctor.  I'm glad you're healing.  I'm glad you own your own home and car, too!

Hopefully, you will hold off on your next pedicure for longer than two weeks after it heals completely.  For your safety and safety's sake of others.