Honored Contributor

Re: "cut" on ball of my foot

This poster needs to go to a doctor. Please don't give her your "hints" because, in the long run, could really cause damage to her health. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I also agree see a doctor. Get some cushioned blister bandaids as well to use on the bottom of your foot too as that may help with standing and walking. 

Respected Contributor

I get dry skin that splits and turns into a cut. I use antiobiotic gel in the little tubes. neosporin?  cant remember names. Works like a charm. first maybe pour some peroxide on it then add  the antibiotic gel on it and reapply every morning. The peroxide is great for it gets deep in the cut and kills those nasty germs.

Honored Contributor

Thank you all for your help, the pain is joint pain I have arthritis in the big toe, the joints are rubbing together due to age and arthritis, I had a cortisone shot which should help a lot.

He recommended Kerasel for the dryness.

He wants me back in 3 or so weeks.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

This poster needs to go to a doctor. Please don't give her your "hints" because, in the long run, could really cause damage to her health. 

She said she had  a cut on her foot.  Noone wants to spend money on a dr copay on something that minor.  I myself cant afford my doctor copay.  Not everone us upper class/middle class, own cars and homes and can afford  their copays

Honored Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

She said she had  a cut on her foot.  Noone wants to spend money on a dr copay on something that minor.  I myself cant afford my doctor copay.  Not everone us upper class/middle class, own cars and homes and can afford  their copays

From the opening post:

"I also have a chronic slash on the ball of my foot nothing I use seems to heal it, it is now so painful to step down, I am not sure what to do. 

TIA for any words or wisdom - thanks all"

So, @kcladyz, I think the advice to see a medical professional was spot-on, and I see no need to turn this topic into a class warfare debate.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 Thank you and It is really too bad that people seem to take sides, when I posted over the weekend I knew I would get to see a poditrist, but I was looking for a quick fix for the weekend, not a life long solution 

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@kcladyz wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

From the opening post:

"I also have a chronic slash on the ball of my foot nothing I use seems to heal it, it is now so painful to step down, I am not sure what to do. 

TIA for any words or wisdom - thanks all"

So, @kcladyz, I think the advice to see a medical professional was spot-on, and I see no need to turn this topic into a class warfare debate.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kcladyz wrote:

I get dry skin that splits and turns into a cut. I use antiobiotic gel in the little tubes. neosporin?  cant remember names. Works like a charm. first maybe pour some peroxide on it then add  the antibiotic gel on it and reapply every morning. The peroxide is great for it gets deep in the cut and kills those nasty germs.

This is actually NOT good advice. Using hydrogen peroxide on cuts or wounds actually can damage, harm and/or irritate both the damaged skin and the healthy skin surrounding the wound and delay healing of the wound. This is an example why people should not be giving medical advice on a public forum- their advice can actually be detrimental to the person!

Honored Contributor

Wow please keep your eceomic judgement to yourself, you know very little about my life.

I have great medical insurance and own both my own home, and car. So think again before you make a broad judgement

@kcladyz

@kcladyz wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Esteemed Contributor

My feet get really dry in the winter and sometimes I get a split on my heel. I wash the area well with soap and then apply antibiotic creme. I then cover it with one of those cushy big bandaids during the day. ...let air get to it at night. It will heal in a few days for me....

I don't go for a pedicure again until it is healed.

But if yours is red or bleeding and getting worse....you should see a DR.

Hubby poo pooed me when he got a split on his heel and ended up with a staph infection he got showering at the YMCA....