Honored Contributor

Re: "Rescueing" Grands

[ Edited ]

@patbz    They are a nice age; not smart alecky or cocky yet.  Do you have some ideas for entertaining them?  I wonder if the national parks are open?  They'd probably get a kick out of Dinosaur National Monument in Utah.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaur_National_Monument

We were there one summer and the people in Vernal had the most gorgeous hanging baskets I've ever seen.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

There's a thread on here somewehre about things to do with children while at home here.

A friend told me about Cinncinnati Zoo facebook-the Home Safaris.

Every day at 3pm est (but you can watch them anytime and don't need to have facebook, they are public).

Every day they feature a different animal and then suggest a craft or activity to do.

The first day Monday march 16 was Fiona the baby hippo.

The second day was Rico the porcupine-adorable!

My almost 4 year old was fascinated and I was too! They are not too long but long enoughSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I agree @Kachina624 , their hanging baskets are huge and gorgeous! They have trucks with water tanks that go along and water them.

I used to visit when my DD lived there.

Honored Contributor
Even the Purell wipes dispenser at the grocery store to clean your shopping cart handles was stolen and it was mounted on the floor!
Honored Contributor
Half the time the rest stops are out of tp anyway so not a big change. I always take tissue anyway.
Honored Contributor
I have always thought laundromats were unsanitary. If someone uses very little soap and cold water, nothing is getting sanitized...if you are next person using that machine....ewww!
Respected Contributor

Yup, bring the TP and keep it in an empty coffee can with a lid.  At the least it keeps the TP clean in the car and you never know when you'll run out of tissues.  and well, it's there in utmost need.  That and a blanket draped over two open doors provides a mimimum semblance of modesty.