Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Lull Mattress"- Anyone heard of or have one?

[ Edited ]

@Himi lover wrote:

thanks everyone. Casper, and Tuft and Needle, I take it these are certain brands?  Are they pricey?  You think a foam mattress is the way to go?

Yes these are certain brands in the industry. I definitely think a foam mattress is the way to go. We had a Serta pillow top and there would be times when I would be in so much pain for about two hours after I woke up I would just cry. That's when I knew it had to go. I looked at Temperpedic and Sleep Number and could not justify $6000 - $8000 for a bed. I got a king with an adjustable base for about $1500. I can now sleep on my back or side. I get up without pain in back or neck. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't heard of the Lull mattress before now. I did buy a mattress called the Helix mattress last August and have been extremely happy with it. I bought the full size for $800. I answered a series of questions about how I sleep and my body type weight, height and other ?'s too. It was made up specifically for me and how I answered the questions. It took about 2 weeks to get and it came rolled up in a box. I got 100 days to test drive it and if I didn't like it, they would come get it and return ALL my money. It is a foam mattress and was comfy from the first night. Also it is made in New York city.They have a finance program which I used. Also got free shipping. And I didn't need to buy a box springs either. A very good investment for me. There is a 10 year warranty on it. I have a bad lower back as well as a few other issues to do with mastectomies that need a good mattress to rest on.

Honored Contributor

Re: "Lull Mattress"- Anyone heard ofI or have one?

It's on my FB page a couple times a week, so that does not inspire confidence.  I have spinal stenosis and my back and left leg throb at night.  We bought a firm mattress two years ago but it was too firm for my back.  So, I bought a pillow top mattress pad and that has made me very comfortable.  If was buying a mattress today, it would be a pillow top. 

Respected Contributor

Re: "Lull Mattress"- Anyone heard ofI or have one?

I have had a bad back since I was in my 20s.  Back in the 90s I used to buy a new matress every 6 months but nothing helped.  I would wake up in the morning and could not straighten for more than an hour.  So I took a chance and ordered a Tempurpedic from the infomercial they had back then.  So, for the past 17 years I have slept well and hardly ever have a problem.  I have a fairly firm matress, but it cradles my body.  Love it!

Esteemed Contributor

One of the youtube VLOGGERS I watch did a sponsored video for this mattress. I am sure they used it because they needed a new mattress. But now they have a sleep number bed. I would go check out sleep number since you can customize it.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I just saw an ad today on FB. Flimsy support base ala Ikea slats, and pretty thin mattress - 7-8"?

I have a bad back and arthritis and for me, the firmer the better as far as sleeping comfort.  If I won the lotto I'd try a Tempurpedic. The Lull looked like it might work for a healthy 20-something who could also sleep on the floor comfortably, but that's about it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all