Honored Contributor

Yes, always!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Valued Contributor

Yes , If I take a new medication I usually take it separate from my regular medications and only take 1/2 of he dose especially if I hae never had it before to see if I might have an allergic reaction to it , Then I know to keep taking it or not in the full recommended dose.

cathy from ma

Super Contributor

It's definitely not just you! I have the advantage of being married to a pharmacist, so for the rare times I have had to take a medication, I go over it with him first. In fact, anytime a physician has prescribed something to me, I call my husband before I even leave the doctor's office and ask him about it. Often, he will talk to the doctor and make another suggestion! So, my advice is to talk to a pharmacist about your medication, even if you've talked to your doctor already. The doctor is an expert on diagnosing the problem, but the pharmacist is the expert on medications. Go to a local pharmacy that is NOT a chain, and make sure they have a real pharmacist and not just a technician.