Honored Contributor

The doctors I go to always say my weight is fine... but I tell them I would like to be 20 pounds lighter... It confuses me that doctors think it is OK to be a bit  heavier than slim.  

Respected Contributor

Re: " Fear of Food "

[ Edited ]

@BeccaLou   Has your MD suggested a  low cholesterol diet or something related to borderline type 2 diabetes or borderline high blood pressure, or diverticulitis?  Just wants you  to llose weight in general.

Would need to know more in order to be helpful since there are so many special diets around,  including those recommended by doctors.

If you have undergone a great deal of stress that can also help to decrease normal appetite.  

For example, heated arguments during a meal result in me having severe stomach  pains.   When an argument starts I put my fork down and save my plate for later.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

@BeccaLou The loss of your husband can also cause you to lose your appetite. I am so sorry for your loss Heart

@cactusgal 

I agree, depression can have a huge impact on appetite!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

My sister survived a 70% blockage in the widow maker coronary artery (LAD artery). Now with all her dietary restrictions she said she is afraid to eat. The medical support staff said this is very common.

Honored Contributor

My aunt developed a fear of food after being diagnosed with diabetes.   

Respected Contributor

Wel,l I think you have more to fight with if you have a few pounds in case you get ill.

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

My doctor has me very afraid of food contents, so much so I have a appetite problem.

I think we need more information if we are going to understand. What was the food discussion about specifically? If you care to share.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@BeccaLou wrote:

My doctor has me very afraid of food contents, so much so I have a appetite problem.

Your doctor has you afraid of food?? Why? Additives? The pandemic? I can't imagine an MD making someone afraid of food. You need to elaborate a bit more. 

Are you talking about a licensed MD, a psychiatrist, or a quack nutritionist? Something seems off here...

Respected Contributor

Changing Doctors is not always easy. And there is no quarantee, that the next one could be worse.

Respected Contributor

Great if you have someone to cook for you. It is very difficult for me to for long periods .Just every Doctor have conflicting do's and don't's.