Contributor

is it me or has anyone noticed the shoes and clothes lately are very expensive!!!!  We are just getting through a pandemic and we are in a high inflation period...please have more affordable clothing and shoes. thank you.

Respected Contributor

Re: outrageous prices

[ Edited ]

i have clothes and shoes

groceries are the issue..........rediculous

and ya can't go without it

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

@jcbs wrote:

is it me or has anyone noticed the shoes and clothes lately are very expensive!!!!  We are just getting through a pandemic and we are in a high inflation period...please have more affordable clothing and shoes. thank you.

@jcbs , Try shopping your closet, you might be surprised at what you find.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@jcbs wrote:

@jcbs 

It could be you, do you comparison shop?  I've found great deals on clothes at Costco, Sam's Club, TJ MAXX, Zulily and Amazon. Great quality pieces.  Shoes too, found a gorgeous Bernardo pair on Zulily for $45 currently elsewhere $228.

If I do want a particular style shoe in a certain color I will pay retail if that is what is available and suits my needs.

Honored Contributor

@jcbs    The only way they can have cheaper merchandise is to drastically lessen the quality.  They've already done that somewhat and we don't like it!  I'd rather pay a little more for better quality and buy less.

It's not just QVC all merchants have raised prices significantly.  Been to the grocery store lately?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624     Speaking of grocery stores....

I would NEVER consider buying clothes in a grocery store...but I was walking my cart around the store (for exercise) and wandered into Kroger's ladies clothing department. 

Found 2 sweatshirts...REAL (not

french terry),  modern, and not the collegiate style... reduced 86%.   Good enough for "AZ casual"... or in my case....winter sleepwear(!)  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I agree with the OP. Even Goodwill has raised their prices. We cannot afford GW.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

Economy is a top concern....it is across the board.

Honored Contributor

Plenty of places to get reasonably priced clothing or clothing on sale.  QVC is not one of them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't call them outrageous at all.  Lots of places to shop, Try Walmart or Target, Old Navy etc if you want lower priced items.  IMHO, I agree, lesser quality.

I'd pay more for something that will last me years instead of one season.

I agree with @TheMemphisVette ! 

I HAVE clothes....YOU have clothes...none of us are going around nakey!

BUT:

GAS is outrageous!  That little bit it has gone down, gee, nowhere near what we WERE paying.

It is costing me a fortune just to GET to work.  I have to get gas and food....can survive without another sweater (even though I don't want to, LOL) but I can NOT survive with out gas and food.