Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: now flossing is not found to be of any use.....?

I hate flossing & hardly ever do it. I use those little interdental brushes in between my teeth every time I eat something. I also use an Oral B electric toothbrush. When i do floss I use that flat floss they have now. That other stuff always got stuck in between some of my teeth.

Respected Contributor

I'm a flosser.  My teeth are close together with no space between them, and I know flossing gets out particles a brush can't reach.  Flossing is minimal investment of time and money, it can't hurt and might help in my case, so I will continue to floss as usual.

Respected Contributor

Baloney.  I floss after every meal and I have for years and years.  I can't stand it when food is stuck in between my teeth.  I guess the next thing they will tell us is that brushing your teeth serves no purpose.   Maybe flossing doesn't help prevent tooth decay, gum issues or bad breath but who wants to find out. 

Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

Baloney.  I floss after every meal and I have for years and years.  I can't stand it when food is stuck in between my teeth.  I guess the next thing they will tell us is that brushing your teeth serves no purpose.   Maybe flossing doesn't help prevent tooth decay, gum issues or bad breath but who wants to find out. 

@KentuckyWoman Try the interdental brushes. I find it works better. I use them each time I eat because I also cannot stand to have something in between my teeth. I only floss when these brushes or my oral B does not remove it. I forgot in my post above I also have one of those stainless steel dental scrapers they clean your teeth with that I use to remove the plaque.

brushes.jpg

Valued Contributor

I just read that article. I will still floss. I use an Oral-B electric toothbrush, and I still have "particles" stuck between my teeth. After flossing, I use a water pik and that gets "particles" out that brushing and flossing didn't.  I have 32 teeth which are very close together, so I feel I have to do all of that. Every dentist I have been to over the years wants my wisdom teeth removed, but the are fine and don't hurt, so I refuse.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Esteemed Contributor

Water-Pik and then Phillips Sonic electric here.

Trusted Contributor

i read that article too, but there's no way I'm going to stop flossing. I know it removes food particles from in between my teeth, where a toothbrush can't get to. besides, there are so many articles and studies that say one thing is so good for you now, then the next minute it's not. I'd be pulling my hair out if I listened to and believed everything! so I'll just do what I think is good for me and stick with that. 

Trusted Contributor

I have teeth and gum issues.  I notice a huge difference in the way my gums feel when I skip the flossing.  Floss on!

Honored Contributor

I don't believe the feds. They have been wrong many, many times before.