Valued Contributor

We've had rain off and on for several weeks...I take my dog outside..(dawn and dusk)..woke up this morning to mosquito bites...UGH! Suggestions???

I remember a poem..The Lord in His wisdom made the fly...and then forgot to tell us why!!!

Woman Frustrated

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: mosquito season!

[ Edited ]

I put on some Vicks Vapo rub...no more itching! The essential oils will keep the blood suckers away...Yay! Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

We use Wondercide spray.  We spray it on our dog's feet everytime we go outside.  You can also spray it on your legs.  Google it.  We get it on Amazon.

It repels fleas and mosquitoes and it works well.  We don't use chemicals on our dog - no flea or heartworm meds.  So far, so good.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Where we are in SW FL mosquitoes are not much of a problem. The county sprays canals and such. Most pools including ours is screened in. Once in a while I might get bitten by a single bug when Im out doing yard work.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

We use Wondercide spray.  We spray it on our dog's feet everytime we go outside.  You can also spray it on your legs.  Google it.  We get it on Amazon.

It repels fleas and mosquitoes and it works well.  We don't use chemicals on our dog - no flea or heartworm meds.  So far, so good.  

I don't use meds on Biscotti either!!!...my little min pin had seizures after the vet gave her a systemic flea medication...she almost died...that was the last of chemicals for her and my dog I have now! No way Jose!!!  Thanks for the rec for Wondercide..sounds good! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I am very allergic to m.bites. When I get bitten the bites swell up and turn red and I have the bites for about 10 days. Have a prescription and it works for the itching. When season comes I stay in period.

Respected Contributor

I live in SE VA where it is hot and muggy in the summer and fall.  Mosquitoes thrive here.  We use 3 Dynatraps - one in the front yard and two outback with excellent luck.  HTH

Esteemed Contributor

They have appeared here this week. When I walk my dog, there is one place where they seem to congregate. I can count on getting bit. Guess I need to change where we are walking, but I'm not sure it would do much good.