Honored Contributor

Re: medicare and one pair of glasses after cataract surgery

@highmaintenancejanwrote:

@SeaMaiden

Went to see about my glasses today...guess what?  You have to have a correction of at least 50 ...which I'm sure you do for Medicare to pay.  Mine are only -25...(of course).   They quoted me $382 which is ridiculous.  I'll go to Walmart and get them for under $100.

@highmaintenancejan  I will just go with  my Davis Vision insurance  that I have with Husbands retirement plan....from what I read, Medicare  makes the paperwork a headache. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaidenwrote:

@highmaintenancejanwrote:

@SeaMaiden

Went to see about my glasses today...guess what?  You have to have a correction of at least 50 ...which I'm sure you do for Medicare to pay.  Mine are only -25...(of course).   They quoted me $382 which is ridiculous.  I'll go to Walmart and get them for under $100.

@highmaintenancejan  I will just go with  my Davis Vision insurance  that I have with Husbands retirement plan....from what I read, Medicare  makes the paperwork a headache. 

Medicare doesn’t do “ paper work” and they haven’t done so for a few decades.  All claims are submitted electronically.  All payments are sent out electronically too.

Actually, there are no Medicare claim processing centers.  Our government pays insurance companies like Blue Cross/ Blue Shield, Aetna and United Health Care to process claims for them.  

Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLadywrote:

@SeaMaidenMedicare paid for a good portion of my new frames and lenses following my cataract surgery in 2016. Sorry, I do not remember the exact percentage and the dollar amount I paid would not help figure it out. Best wishes on your surgery and enjoy the bright colors of spring! The world is so colorful. Smiley Happy

Isn't it wonderful after cataract surgery how the fog lifted and the world took on all those beautiful colors?  I couldn't believe the difference it made!!!!! Woman Very Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden

I pray you get yours paid for!!  I think you will as I'm sure your correction number will be much greater than mine!!! Keep me posted!!!

Respected Contributor

My Mom had cataract surgery and Medicare didn't pay anything. 

Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejan    So this is what I am trying.... tell me what you think!

I went ahead and ordered a pair of glasses on line  at  Goggles for you eyewear super store. 

I just picked out a frame I liked( I know what I like from years of wearing glasses...) and put in the prescription that my eye doctor gave me( easy!)  The total with shipping came to  less than $60.00. I ordered progressive lense  so the price is higher than if you order  just plain lense.   Yours would be much less I  am sure as you would not want a progressive lense....  Probably $30 or less!

I will let you know how they turn out when I get them... I figured If I orderd them from a place here with my insurance I always end up paying over $100 with insurance  one way or the other.... For $50 something dollars buying these online if they are fine, it is a good deal as they are not to really make my vision BETTER... just will sharpen up my 20/20  a bit.  

I will be intouch when they come! ( Oh and they have an excellent return policy if for any reason you are unhappy with them)  ~SeaMaiden~

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden I ordered a pair of sunglasses for myself and several pairs of glasses for my granddaughter from that site.

We were please with everything. I have recommended Googles to others as well. The prices are very affordable.

Honored Contributor

@Carmiewrote:

@SeaMaiden I ordered a pair of sunglasses for myself and several pairs of glasses for my granddaughter from that site.

We were please with everything. I have recommended Googles to others as well. The prices are very affordable.

@Carmie  THANK YOU  so much for your helpful comment! Perhaps others will give this site a try and save some money!

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden

You are a Godsend....thankyou so much for the information!!  I can't wait to see how you like yours!!  Did you go to your regular eye store?  Were they not covered?

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden

From what I can see....they don't have the coating I need.  Bummer!!!