Respected Contributor

Re: masks for all the flus, and infections

@sann wrote:

Amazon is where I ordered a box of disposable Flu Face Masks for a cost of 6.99 for 50.

Sann do you have an item # for the masks ?  The cheapest ones I found were 11.99. I am VERY concerned and still furious that the FAA has not grounded all flights. I called my local congressman Friday to relay my concerns.  

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

Asian people wearing masks were a common sight in the Wash DC area where I spent most of my life, and I still see them since moving very far south of Northern VA three years ago.

Foreigners must be  onto these viruses sooner and more seriously than the rest of us, and they seem to have been for a long time.

I also was given a mask to wear during a routine visit to a doctor's office a few weeks ago---only because I mentioned I'd had a lot of soreness from a flu shot and felt a little weird after the shot.

Go figure that apparent over-reaction out!!  (I removed the annoying mask as soon as the nurse left the examining room.)

Still is.  I've seen people in Panera and Costco with them on this week.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not worried about this becoming a pandemic, and I'm not about to run out and buy a haz-mat suit.

I work with the public on a daily basis, and I have not seen anyone wearing masks, nor has word come down from on high that we need to wear masks.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I went for blood work - they had a sign asking you to wear a mask while in their office & same when I went to RA dr this week.  I'll gladly wear a mask if keeps the flu or other things going around.

Three of my good friends are sick with bronchitis & pneumonia.  Two are in hospital and one is home on "quarantine".

They were fine on Tuesday when we had our card game by Friday they were sick.  I worry because they are older & already have pulmonary or other health issues.

Even my son flew down today -- he said many on the plane had those masks ..I don't blame them!!!. Especially the planeis the worse place with recycled "germs"...and I know for a fact, they herd the passengers off & board the next...they never clean those planes anymore like in-the past!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm ready to leave the house!

haz-mat.jpg

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think masks are great.  If you own a wig, you can go out without a stitch of make-up or even combing your hair.  If you're going to Walmart, you don't even have to get out of your pajamas.

insensitive and insulting.I never would have guessed it was your post.

Honored Contributor

I do think that it's a good idea.

I have a box of pleated medical masks.

Every little bit of protection helps, just in case.

Yes, many folks around here wear masks.  As someone else said, it's very natural/common for them.  

Has anyone her thought about, say, placing a tiny bit of antibacterial salve on the very end of their nostrils?

Or, maybe coconut oil, which is antibacterial/antimicrobial.

I know someone who does this every day.  

For whatever reason, I seem to forget to do the same.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I'm not worried about this becoming a pandemic, and I'm not about to run out and buy a haz-mat suit.

I work with the public on a daily basis, and I have not seen anyone wearing masks, nor has word come down from on high that we need to wear masks.

Good for you.

In the meantime, some of us are already immune compromised, and I can certainly understand the desire to be prepared if masks are recommended by our Drs.

Honored Contributor

It isn't unusual to have people coughing ,sneezing when out in the public, so what else is there to do?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I don't know how much those masks help.  Probably some. But as written -- the eyes are   also where contaminants can happen.  I have worn masks in the past and found them difficult to wear for very long.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin