Esteemed Contributor

@catter70 

I can personally relate to your lung issue. After my 2 different episodes of Pulmonary Embolism(PE), my original lung scan of both lungs, showed a nodule on my left lung. After spending 8 and 9 days in the hospital, on an Heparin IV Drip, I was released depending on my INR/ProTime numbers. After the release I was also scheduled for another Full VQ Scan within the following 2 weeks.

My Pulmonologist had me schedule lung scans every 3 months, for a year, to check to see if it was growing in size. After that year it was extended to every 6 months, for 2 years. During that year the nodule had shrunk and eventually disappeared.

I certainly understand your apprehension, as many go through the same mental stress with upcoming medical procedures. My personal way is very different than most. I obviously hope for the best results, but I don't give much thought to any procedure, until I get the results. From there I do what is necessary until the next step along the way.

My best wishes to you to get the best result possible from this scan. 🙏  I was also a smoker, but I quit in 1969, when I turned 30, and took up running. It finally got through to me that "if i felt this bad at 30, how was i going to feel at 60"?  Cold Turkey is the only way that has ever worked for me.

Let everyone know how things went for you.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Prayers for you.

Everything will be okay.

Honored Contributor

I can understand your fear, I would be the same.  However, whatever the results I feel you will be fine and get through this.  I know three people, two friends and a neighbor who had masses on their lungs, had surgeries and are all fine years after. Stay positive and know you will be fine.  I wish you the best of health.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden , I quit smoking in 2011. The lung scan is a yearly thing, but this is the first time there's been anything that showed up. I do have COPD and, of course, have breathing issues, but nothing else other that. 

Honored Contributor

@catter70 

My husband has had low dose CT scans on his lungs for 20 years thru the VA.   

Prayers for a good report! 

Honored Contributor

Sending prayers and positive thoughts.

Respected Contributor

@catter70 

While it's very hard to stay calm while waiting for results, you will be in a better position to decide on options.  Hoping all will be well for you.

My uncle worked with asbestos at the Navy Yard in the late 1940's.  He went to law school and many years later they found a mass on the upper lobe of his lung.  It was removed.  He lived to his 90's a few years ago.  Always have hope.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

My prayers are with you.  Very scarey.  God Bless you.

Regular Contributor

@catter70 

Praying all is fine with you. Take care