Honored Contributor

Re: lilac tree poster

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree,

Thinking about you and hoping you are gaining more health and  strength with each passing day. Want to wish you and your daughter a Merry Christmas today.

Today just me and my furry family:

Felines:  Tiny/Cruiser/Molly/Sadie/Toby and Jasper. And our little Canine Lily.

They, along with still being healthy and physically fit once again, has given me everything I need, along with a phone call from my wife, to make my Christmas Day a very Happy and Merry day.

My thoughts are with you my friend,

JOhn

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@LilacTree....I am waiting patiently till you return...I am hoping you are feeling better and will be here soon!  xoxo  Justice

Respected Contributor

Wishing you, and your family, a Happy Holiday season.

May the angels always be watching over you.

Wellness, peace, and happiness for the New Year.

Honored Contributor

I  hope you all will not mind another “global” post by me.  I want so much to respond to each of your caring posts individually, but my hand and arm tire so easily these days.

except for some inner thigh and groin pain occasionally, i can still walk short distances without a walker.  My arm has healed but the screws are very prominent, so I cannot lean on it.  Ortho doc said he could take the plate out, but I don’t want to have another surgery and risk the RA flare getting worse again.  

My biggest issue is profound fatigue which stems from RA (most folks don’t realize fatigue is the second most prominent side effect of RA).  There is also gross pain the next day any time I try to normal things like this, using the stylus and pressing too hard.  And, of course, my advancing age and bad bones don’t help either.

now that’s enough complaining for one post.  I did hire a cleaning service that will start next week.  I no longer have aides, as I am trying to do personal care myself, which really tires me out, but which I am determined to do.

i was able to get to my LBI daughter’s house for Christmas, which was a wonderful day.  I hope you all had great holidays, however you celebrate.  I can’t tell you how humbled I am by your continuing messages to me.  You will never know how much that means unless it happens to you . . . Which hopefully it will not.

thank you all again, from my heart to all of yours.  ~ Lilac Tree/ford1224.💕💕

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Glad you had a nice Christmas, you have been going through so much, i do worry about you.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@LilacTree,

Thinking about you and hoping you are gaining more health and  strength with each passing day. Want to wish you and your daughter a Merry Christmas today.

They, along with still being healthy and physically fit once again, has given me everything I need, along with a phone call from my wife, to make my Christmas Day a very Happy and Merry day.

JOhn

@hckynut

John, it does concern me that you mention needing a phone call from your wife.  I’m hoping that is not from a hospital, that perhaps she is visiting with family/friends during the holidays.  

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor
Love that man!
Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

Re: lilac tree poster

[ Edited ]

Oh my dear friend, I am so happy to hear from you. You might to try a voice command programs. My son said there is probably a version ,built into windows ,if that is what you are using, and you can give us the version of it, he will look to see what is available

My son does this kind of thing for a living, so  he is trustworthy

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@LilacTree,

JOhn

John, I truly don't like to take over another person's post but you mentioned a phone call from your wife...everything okay?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Oh my gosh Lilac Tree, so good to see you up and about.  I know you aren't at one hundred percent but close to it.  You have been so missed here on the boards and I'm looking forward to seeing more and more of you.   The holidays are exhausting but the biggest one is over and the next one is for you...Have a Very Healthy, Prosperous, Happy New Year.  Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam