Respected Contributor

Re: kidney stones and laser treatment

she called doctor and told him she was in severe pain .she took 2 oxicodone and they didnt help at all. so he got her in yestauday to do the secound part of laser surgery again and he got the rest on stones witch was 40 more stones. since last night shes had a fever of 103.4 and feels weak. im waiting for doctor to call us back.

Respected Contributor

today her fever went up tp 104.3 so i called our regular doctor and he said that is at a dangerous level. dont drive her to hospital call an rescue. they will get her right in to be treated. so they gave her super strong antibiotics and fever broke after a few hours, they admitted her to get her temp stable.

Trusted Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

today her fever went up tp 104.3 so i called our regular doctor and he said that is at a dangerous level. dont drive her to hospital call an rescue. they will get her right in to be treated. so they gave her super strong antibiotics and fever broke after a few hours, they admitted her to get her temp stable.

Hi @Pooky1,

I'm sorry your wife wasn't feeling well.

I'm just stopping by to see how she is, and to say that I hope that she's feeling better by now.

You're both in my thoughts and I hope that she will feel better as each day goes by, now that she had more stones removed.

After I go through the procedure, it takes me several weeks to start feeling better. I just feel kind of tired afterwards. Kind of "blah" you might say, and then it passes and I start to come around again. 

Sending good thoughts to the both of you. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @BeccaLou,

There are different types of procedures for having stones removed.

I had a Ureteroscopy done, with a laser under general anesthesia.

I could not pass the stones that I had removed. They were too large for me to pass on my own.

The doctor can break up the stones into smaller fragments with a laser if he needs to.

He can also remove a stone so that it can be analyzed to see what kind of stone it is, to then see how the patient can then be treated. 

I can develop uric acid stones, so I take a medication to help with my uric acid level.

Trusted Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

You are both in my prayers. So, so scary.

I'm sorry that your husband had to go through this. Smiley Sad

I'm sure that a Lithotripsy is uncomfortable, too.

I hope that he feels better soon, too! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

she allso got a fungal infection in her blood and has been in hospital for 8 days ,came home monday afternoon but had an ellergic reaction to meds and had to go back tuesday morning and came home last night. she has an appointment today to have stent taken out.they did send a stone to be annalized but havent hurd about it yet. i thank everyone for thoughts and prayers.