Honored Contributor

Re: is this a possibility re: EKG

@happycat wrote:

My almost 83 year old father has an appointment in a large city, with lung dr one day this week for an EKG. He is on several heart/lung medications and is doing well, but he sees this Dr. once a year who prescribed his meds, and the Dr. always does an EKG.

Well, due to Covid and the possible demonstrations, we are not looking forward to this trip. I will call that doctors office on Monday, but does anyone know if doctors will let you have an EKG at another clinic, send them the results to keep you from having to make the trip?

There are now remote EKG technologies. I don't know if your dad's doctor uses these for patients though. 

Honored Contributor

Re: is this a possibility re: EKG

@happycat 

Most of my doctors would if it was only for a Resting EKG. Now were it an exercise EKG, that is a different story. My Cardiologist, or one of his partners, would be there monitoring the whole procedure.

A resting EKG is much different, unless I am mistaken, a minimum of a 12 lead procedure would also be mandatory to be excepted. Less numbers of leads exclude a lot of the information my doctor requires.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)