Valued Contributor

got glucomannan to curb hunger, does anybody use this?

I'm trying to loose weight, hoping this will help. Has anyone tried it? You take 3 pills before meals with water and it is supposed to make you feel full.
Honored Contributor

Re: got glucomannan to curb hunger, does anybody use this?

I've not heard of it. I think a lot of people use chia seeds for feeling full, and they add them to things like yogurt.

Honored Contributor

For me, it doesn't work.
Super Contributor

If you take the required amount of fiber tabs/wafers
Drink about 16 ozs of water before each meal..
You will lose weight...
:
Or buy a Very good, filling, Fiber cereal and eat it twice a day...
you will have the same effect
Honored Contributor

I just googled this and it scared me. You can choke from it, get stomach bleeding or nauseous. It said you could end up in the emergency room. No thanks.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Frequent Contributor

I would suggest taking fiber before a meal, many people will drink a glass of metemucil before meals, fiber will fill you up plus most people dont get enough fiber in their diets, without knowing you I dont know if you get enough fiber, just a generalization. I dont drink metamucil, though I havent ruled it out but have made an effort to increase fiber into my diet.

Taking 5HTP tablets actually have worked for me to improve my mood and cut down on cravings. Apparently it is an ammino acid that some of us lack, google it, you can get it at any drug store or grocery store. I notice I eat less when taking it.

Valued Contributor

On 9/21/2014 sullw said:

I would suggest taking fiber before a meal, many people will drink a glass of metemucil before meals, fiber will fill you up plus most people dont get enough fiber in their diets, without knowing you I dont know if you get enough fiber, just a generalization. I dont drink metamucil, though I havent ruled it out but have made an effort to increase fiber into my diet.

Taking 5HTP tablets actually have worked for me to improve my mood and cut down on cravings. Apparently it is an ammino acid that some of us lack, google it, you can get it at any drug store or grocery store. I notice I eat less when taking it.

I'm starting to take the 5htp and the glucomanan. Its only been a couple days, but I'm not nearly as hungry. I think I'll blend the pills in a smoothie, I hate taking pills! Thanks! I didn't know that about the 5htp.
Valued Contributor

On 9/21/2014 Mmsfoxxie said: I just googled this and it scared me. You can choke from it, get stomach bleeding or nauseous. It said you could end up in the emergency room. No thanks.
I'm a little nervous about that, they are big pills , I made a smoothie in my vitamin and put the pills in that way.