Honored Contributor

Re: going to switch drs and it is a good idea to get a second opinion

@ProudMa wrote:

It always stumps me why people DONT get a second opinion on a serious health issue...or why they feel "bad" about switching doctors.

You wouldnt buy a car from the first place you looked, you would test drive, compare prices and talk to other owners....why wouldnt you give the same effort to your health care?

Just makes sense to me....

The OP had a detached retina.  I'm not sure that's something that can be doctor shopped prior to surgery.  It needs to be taken care of ASAP or you risk going blind. 

Esteemed Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Great! A good md makes a real difference.

I'm looking for a new doctor...my present doctor doesn't listen to me and gets upset when I dont want to take the meds she suggests...its obvious she doesn't care~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

I've gone to my dr since I was 28 years old.  He suggested two doctors he thought would be a good fit for me since he's retiring.

Respected Contributor

My husband was going to a Hematologist and she relocated. He had to go to the old office and sign a release form to have his file sent to her new location and he was charged $25.00. Are you kidding me! Everything today is a charge. This is due to the new company that is taking over many health facilities. Stay away from Steward Medical run as fast as you can!! They are all about money and don't care at all for the patients!

Trusted Contributor

everything isabout greed today.  ijust do not get it.  i refuse to do business with companies that are greedy.  but sometimes you don't have achoice.

a local bank ischarging to cash checks.  $5.00 per check.  everyone that i knmow is leqving them

Trusted Contributor

i have triedsome of the copinmg tips that thenew dr gave me and they work.

a friend who met the old dr, told me that she wasreally unimpressed with him  shefelt that he was full ofhimslef and that he could get out of the room fast enough.  that wasmy reaction to him  too.  i haven't told them i am not coming back yet, but i don't think that they will missme at all.