Honored Contributor

Re: free $25 gift certificate

@quilter61 wrote:

My health insurance does something similiar.  However, the money is put into an account and is used to pay for copayments and dedutibles.   I can earn up to $500 dollars per benefit plan year for doing preventive screenings.   Some examples are mamogram earn $100, yearly preventive exam $100 also can earn $50 for eye doctor and $50 twice a year for dental visits.   There are many more ways to earn dollars.

Really came in handy a couple of weeks ago, needed blood work and paid nothing out of pocket.   You can also carry over any balances to the next benefit plan year.   I don't have copayments for doctors visits, they go towards my deductible so this really great.   If you don't need a lot of medical services, you can really not pay anything out of pocket.

My ins co is not nearly as generous as yours. Our are from $5 to $25 only.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

My husband's company gives us $1000 each yearly if we pass a *Biometric screening*.  You have to pass 3 of five of the qualifications.  Good blood pressure, good blood glucose, good cholestroral, good triglicerides and waist size (35"< women, 40 for men).

It goes in to a Mastercard that can be used for doctors visits, blood labs that may have a balance or any testing that you may have a balance, prescriptions and dental visits (!).

His $1000 and mine are combined and we can use each others, it doesn't go away if you don't use it all up.

When you reach 65, you can get the balance and it's simply money in your pocket.  That's the only time it's worth *cash in your hands*.

That is nice. I don't have any regular prescriptions but I would love having something to help pay for medical expenses like that - and dental visits. 

They don't give me money but my healthcare plan offers an incentive for having good numbers on the things you mention and one or two more. I qualified & am saving over $2000 a year on my healthcare plan. 

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Good to see that some of the billions of dollars Medicare Advantage plans cost us taxpayers comes back to the "little people" instead of going into the pockets of the insurers.

I was just reading an article that it is estimated that $16billion in advantage plan payments is estimated to be fraud. But the government is unable to get a handle on how to prosecute it and stop it without actually eliminating advantage plans altogether , which would be a disaster to regular medicare who would have an influx all of a sudden of millions of new patients to administer.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

My husband's company gives us $1000 each yearly if we pass a *Biometric screening*.  You have to pass 3 of five of the qualifications.  Good blood pressure, good blood glucose, good cholestroral, good triglicerides and waist size (35"< women, 40 for men).

It goes in to a Mastercard that can be used for doctors visits, blood labs that may have a balance or any testing that you may have a balance, prescriptions and dental visits (!).

His $1000 and mine are combined and we can use each others, it doesn't go away if you don't use it all up.

When you reach 65, you can get the balance and it's simply money in your pocket.  That's the only time it's worth *cash in your hands*.

That is nice. I don't have any regular prescriptions but I would love having something to help pay for medical expenses like that - and dental visits. 

They don't give me money but my healthcare plan offers an incentive for having good numbers on the things you mention and one or two more. I qualified & am saving over $2000 a year on my healthcare plan. 

My former employer is both a hospital system and an insurance company. So , of course , they self insure their employees. They put in place a program where by the employees had to meet certain criteria such as smoke free, weight under a certain amount, blood sugar and cholesterol etc all normal or you had a huge increase in what the cost to you for your insurance would be. Anyway, it is a significant amount of money and my one friend is not able to pay the higher amount so she went to a fitness place and stopped smoking, lost a ton of weight and got all her ducks in a row to get the lower premium. I saw her this summer for the first time in a couple years  ( because we had moved to another state) and she looks HORRIBLE. I was stunned by her gaunt appearance. We went to lunch - she ordered a cup of soup only and barely ate that. I commented on how much weight she has lost and she said she is just under the weight she has to maintain to keep her insurance payments low. She is a very tall and big boned  woman but her waist measurement can't exceed where it is right now so she has to be very careful. She is a widowed Mom with 2 kids in college so she has to keep this cost down. She commented oin how difficult it is even when you are thin to keep weight away from your mid section once you are post meno.